Aftermath

Kol and Elijah hastily rushed inside of the house but neither of them were fully prepared to find Klaus holding Caroline's lifeless body in his arms, he was simply stroking her face and fixing her soft curls, keeping them away from her delicate now cold face.

Elijah was the first to react to his brother's agony. "Niklaus... we need to leave."

Klaus moved his eyes away from her face with a glare, he was going to stay here with her, holding her until he became as cold as she was, he would stay in this bloody room until he withered away, until his body matched the exact same way that he felt inside.

Elijah walked up to him and tried reasoning with him. "We can't stay here, we have to go home Niklaus. You should take Caroline home..." he calmly said trying to show how much he understood his pain.

Klaus said nothing, he had returned his eyes to her fragile pale face, the fact that it still held so much beauty was overwhelming to him.

"It is what she would have wanted, she deserves to at least rest in her bed one last time." Elijah tried to move and take Caroline's body away from the overprotective hold of Klaus.

"If you touch her I will cut your hand off." Klaus hissed through his teeth while fixing her shirt, clenching his teeth as his shaking fingers stopped where it showed the blade's piercing hole.

Elijah looked away to where Rebekah was standing with their mother, he walked over to them and eyed his mother with nothing but repulse. "Do you really hold that much hatred towards your own children mother? How can you renegade what was born from you?"

"Spare me the lecture Elijah, I beg you." she answered callously, showing no regret or any other emotion for that matter.

"As you wish mother." Elijah drove his hand straight into her chest, he showed no emotion whatsoever as well when he pulled her beating heart out.

Esther's eyes opened wide probably from the shock that it was her most noble son who ended her life in the end.

He simply turned to Bonnie. "Make sure that she doesn't come back once more." he stretched out his hand.

Bonnie's gagging mouth showed how much she seemed on the path of freaking out as she took the bloodied heart into her hands, she only nodded as the blood started to drip from her palms, for some reason she was stuck thinking that a heart shouldn't be so big.

Rebekah neared Klaus with a bit of a hurry. "Nik, please look at me." When Klaus didn't answer her plea she took his face with her hands. "We need to go home and you need to trust me Nik."

The words seemed to upset him at first but he was now surrounded by every one of them so he finally nodded securing Caroline's body in his arms.

While Klaus carried Caroline's body away Kol smiled at Abby. "I honestly don't quite see the resemblance, your daughter is far prettier than you are and she's smarter as well."

Abby stroked her arms as fear made her shiver.

"Siding with my mother was a really poor decision." he added and tilted his head. "I wonder if you actually convinced yourself that you would find your way out of this alive."

Abby squinted, trying to give Kol throbbing pain waves.

He threw his head back and laughed loudly. "Darling, I'm 1000 years old and invincible, there's not a headache powerful enough to produce a sting."

"It was enough to take your father down." she raised her hand but frowned when she felt something blocking her power.

Bonnie was doing it by simply closing her eyes and concentrating, when she opened her eyes she faced her mother knowing that she had too many questions that needed an answer.