Courtship

Bonnie sat on the floor with her head low, she felt sick as if she was about to pass out, Elijah was crouching in front of her and stroked her back trying to make her feel better, he glanced over to Klaus who seemed oblivious to everything, he was simply reading a page from the Grimoire that rested on the table.

Elijah looked back at the tiny fragile human in front of him, she was scared and loosing it a bit, he felt bad for having to put her through this and doubted if it was really necessary, maybe they could find someone else to do the spell and he looked at Klaus again.

"She's the only one capable of performing this spell." Klaus said without lifting his eyes from the page.

Elijah signed, Klaus was utterly convinced that the pretty witch had it in her. "Are you feeling a little better?" he asked Bonnie.

She shook her head while eyeing him with big alarming eyes. "I'm freaking out."

Elijah stroked her back a little more. "Are you certain that there's no other way?" He asked Klaus again who simply ignored him by keeping his eyes on the apparently vital reading.

"Like he would care, or you for that matter. I just sold my soul to the devil here." she said on the verge of tears.

"Humans are all so dramatic." Klaus turned pages on the book.

Bonnie shot her head back to him and narrowed her eyes in anger. "Easy for you to say when you are not the one about to lose entire control over something as volatile as spirit magic."

Klaus raised his eyes to her matching the anger that she felt. "If you really can't do this then I shall scavenge for someone who can but keep in mind that I always terminate those who become dispensable."

Bonnie shook Elijah's hand off her and stood up fuming. "You really think that I'm that stupid to fall for your poor mind games? You make it sound like I'm this special gift that you can use but when I resist you easily say that I'm replaceable?"

"Seems to work, doesn't it love? You are no longer freaking, just raging, well rage I can handle, not-self pity." he hissed annoyed with the emotion.

"You are asking me to do black spirit magic here Klaus, it's not something that I can do lightly or that comes to me naturally. This is literally stepping over to the other side of the veil."

Klaus took in a rather long breath. "Bonnie, you are one of the strongest witches I've ever come across. You can step into the dark side of your magic without plunging into it."

Bonnie crossed her arms. "I'm not that strong." she said breaking eye contact with him.

"Sweetheart, modesty is adorable but right now I need mean and ruthless, so do us a favor and lose the High School attitude." Klaus snapped.

Bonnie threw her hands in the air desperate, she wanted to scream but instead she turned her back on Klaus frustrated.

Klaus flashed over to stand in front of her. "You took me down once, in reality twice. Both times you took me off guard, I wasn't expecting you to be that strong but you had it in you. You, alone took me down Bonnie, no one has been able to do that before and that's saying a lot. Mind you that I have dealt with many witches, some of them so powerful that the devil itself would coy in their presence but I never felt what I did that night in the woods. You have so much potential in you but you are wasting it on mundane fears."

Bonnie fought with tears that she wouldn't cry. "I took you down yes, but I also died the first time I did it." she admitted her biggest fear.

"You are asking yourself the wrong question here sweetheart. You already died once for Elena but are you ready to do the same for Caroline?"