Chapter 4

Once I'm seated onto the couch Jax's raspy voice asks me "want one?" gesturing a pack of cigarettes to me but I nod side to side telling him no.

He obliges my answer and lights his cigarette in between his lips.

A girl catches my eye, stumbling into the room with a drink in her hand.

"Jax what the fuck, why did you leave me?" she slurs.

Jax rolls his eyes and slams the lighter on the glass table.

"What the fuck do you want now Sasha?" He groans.

She comes towards him and places her half full cup on the glass table next to his lighter and wraps her arms around his neck but he shoves her back.

Not enough for her to fall but she trips a little from him assault.

"I'm not in the mood" he tells her.

She then notices me and looks back at Jax.

I hope she doesn't think I'm coming in between them, but I can tell she's jumping to conclusions on it.

"So you're fucking her?" She waves her hand to me, glaring at me.

"Excuse me?" I tell her without realizing what I just said. The last thing I want to do is to start a fight.

Jax starts to chuckle. He doesn't even correct her that she's got it all wrong.  What the hell is wrong with him?

She turns her head to me and says "you heard me little miss prissy, you ain't impressing no one dressed like a slut," She scoffs.

The other half of me wants to giggle by her drunken choice of words but the other half of me is steering with rage and wanting to pull her hair by her judging me so fast.

I didn't ask to be here and I wish she knew how badly I want to leave. I hate how she's literally blaming everything on me.

"just so you know, im covered more than you. maybe you would've noticed if you weren't drinking so much early in the morning, slut," I say way harsher than I expected.

Jax, rugger and maxen all burst into laughter.

I don't even budge to join them.

I just stare at her regretting the words I said to her.

She looks at Jax and all of them laughing then runs to the door she came in from.

I instantly feel horrible.

I quickly get to my feet, leaving the room.

"Where you going? come back" Jax tells me.

I ignore his words and keep walking away until he says something to rugger and maven that catches me off guard.

"Look at that ass am I right?" He says.

I can hear them chuckling.

Without thinking I turn around I grab Sasha's drink she left on the glass table and splash the cold drink on Jax's face.

He gets up wiping at himself then looks at me shocked.

His glare is terrifying me and I want to run away, like right now.

I take big steps behind me and notice Jax coming towards me.

I turn around and bump my face into something.

I look up and see Damon. My fingers sprawled onto his hard stomach.

I actually feel relieved he made it in time. I don't know what have happened if he didn't.