Chapter 80

"If this happens again, you'll be shoveling outside before breakfast even starts! You hear me!?" The warden yells at both of us. His old serious self doesn't give me any intention of him bluffing.

"Sheriff Benobee! Take Randoff to his cell,"

"Yes Warden," he obliges.

He grabs onto Randoff's arm tightly and takes him out of the office and shuts the door, Randoff grunts and tries to wiggle himself out of benobee's assault.

The warden surprises me by grabbing onto my my collar, "who do you think you are?" He snears in my face, "You just got here and you're starting problems?" I clench my jaw to calm my nerves. "Do you want to die? This place isn't a joke!" He says looking through me.

He let's go of me and huffs. "H-have some water," he waves towards the plastic cup of water. I take it and clench it down my throat. This guys a fucking maniac.

He opens a small long fancy velvet box with a cigar inside of it and puts it in his mouth while observing me. "Do I scare you?"

"No," I say.

"Wrong!" He yells and slams both of his palms on his desk. "This is what gets you killed son,"

"I'm in charge of your life, and you talk to me with disrespect," he points his finger at me like im the one yelling at him.

All I fucking said was 'no' and suddenly I'm a bad guy?

"Take this as your warning: if i hear any inmates getting into shit with your name involved, you'll be place in complete isolation, and darkness surrounding you. I mean it,"

Why do I get blamed for all of this? This guy is a fucking knockoff. I want to grab his bald head and slam it into the desk just like i did to Randoff until the wooden desk brakes and use the broken piece to stab it right in his-

"Landers! Get the hell out," warden says.

As I get out of his office a police officer leads me to the outdoors where there is a bunch of gym equipment and a opened field, secured by tall fences all around.

"Hey you!" I hear behind me. When I turn around and squint from the sunlight to see who it is, on the bench I find someone I haven't seen in almost 6 years. Billy.

"Billy?" I whisper to myself for disclosure.

Billy wasn't a killer, but he was a thief just like me my subconscious adds. He robs places and is the best finesser I know like scamming people or making fake ID's shit like that. I wonder how he actually got caught into prison.

He walks towards me and turns around to stop the two other men that were about to come along to see me.

"Ah shit! I knew it!" He says while giving in a handshake. "I thought I didn't notice you from all the extra tattoos and the black eye,"

I laugh a little.

"Come meet my boys," he pats me on the back and holds me from my shoulder to lead me the way.

"I heard you were coming yunno...first time I heard the name Damon out of these peoples mouths, I wished and told myself it has to be some crackhead on the streets, not you man."

"I deserved it,"

"I know you Damon, you out of all the people here don't deserve this,"

"I killed many,"

"Not innocent ones,"

I don't remember killing anyone innocent in my life but that doesn't change the fact that I did terrible things. I have a baby on the way, I can't keep putting myself in shit like this. I don't want this baby to turn out like me, hopefully all the genes are Mia's. I want this baby to have the dad I never got. A family I never got, I want a family I never got with Mia and my child. Sadly I might not even be there for Mia when she gets it.