Chapter 16

A loud and irritating noise wakes me up, but I try to put myself back to sleep, I fail because the loud buzzing continues and doesn't seem to stop.

I pull myself up, noticing the buzzing sound is coming from Damons flashing phone that is placed onto the wooden night stand.

I look at Damon laying by me, he's facing up with his legs sprawled on the bed. One of his hand is placed on his tattooed stomach when the other is kept at his side. Damon's hair is a bit messy from all the moving and shifting last night.

Remember feeling his hand holding onto my hip. I didn't dare take it off because of how good it felt, his warm hand holding onto my body.

The phone buzzes again, breaking me through my thoughts.

I hover over Damon to reach the other side where the phone seems to be. I move as slow and quiet as possible, to not wake him up.

My thumb clicks his home button and I instantly spot the 5:34 on the front screen. My heart skips a beat when I read the callers name which says Chaz .

Why is Chaz calling him? I thought Damon doesn't like the idea of him in general. Well I don't think Chaz would just want to "talk" to Damon at 5:34 am just because he wanted to. I have a gut feeling it might be important.

"Damon" I whisper, lightly tapping his chest.

After a few more taps he starts to shift around slowly at the state of waking up.

"What?" Damon says in his raspy sleeping state voice, which I can listen to it all day.

He doesn't even bother to open his eyes.

"Chaz won't stop calling your phone"

Damon shoots his eyes open turning his head to his phones direction.

He rubs his round and scared knuckles into the crease of his eyes before picking up the nonstop ringing phone, that is about to make my ears explode.

"What?" Damon says again but this time to Chaz, on the other line of his phone.

I look at Damon carefully, to not miss any of his reactions. His structured face turns emotionless to wild eyes.

"How do you know?" Concern floods Damon's face.

Im getting so concerned myself that I cant help but want to ask him what's wrong.

"We're leaving" Damon's voice breaks and changes.

"Why? Is everything alright?"

Damon doesn't answer my question even though I know he heard me perfectly. But he seems to do that a lot to me.

I slip on Becca's leggings and I decided to wear her sneakers too. I leave Damon's shirt on. He doesn't seem to care, he looks like he's more in a rush to be honest and that's probably why.

When we get into the car Damon doesn't say a word to me. He's so focused on the road ahead of him. When I look at his hands on the steering wheel they are shaking that I start to worry for him. What's making him feel this way?
It's obviously not a good thing.

When I look out of the tinted windows I see the familiar house. The house I despise the most, Chaz's house.

I wonder why were here so early in the morning. You can't expect anything from them sometimes. Including Damon, he seems to have a bipolar edge to him, with his gap of mood-swings that don't add up at all.

Like when he went from pointing a gun to my head to kissing my body all over.

Damon opens his door and I open mine as well.