Chapter 22

Damon parks at a parking lot, which I'm guessing its near the bonfire.

I get out of the car with my purse and phone. Damon follows behind me.

I see many people on the flat field and some surrounding a fire pit, sitting on long logs.

I hear a guy calling Damon with a thick English accent and recognize it's William's.

"What the fuck took you so long?" William slurs while laughing.

Dias comes behind William and a smile floods across her face.

"My favourite people!" She shouts and grabs my arm to sit down at the long log by the fire pit.

I prop myself and smooth my dress with my hands to keep it down.

Damon sits across from me and tilts his head slightly to take a sip out of his red cup that is in his hand keeping his eyes on me with his dark eyes. Goosebumps rise from my skin from his concentrated stare towards me.

William sits by Dias and she places her head onto Williams shoulder.

I wonder if Damon would let me do that to him. What am I thinking, Is he even the romantic type? Becca told me he's never dated before and I don't expect him to be somehow good at it that fast. Are we...dating? We did kiss and did more things than that but I'm not one of his conquests and I sure as hell am not his friends with benefits. Maybe I should talk to him about us.

A girl with strawberry red straight hair sits next to Damon, lapping one leg over the other wearing fishnets for pants. Damon inches away from her but she doesn't seem to notice his uninterested reaction. My stomach drops when Damon lets her touch him. She uses her fingers to trace his bicep. A ping of jealousy hits me, who the hell is this girl? And why is he letting her do that to hi-

"Do you want a drink?" I hear a male voice behind my shoulders that breaks my thoughts.

I turn around and my eyes go wide when I find Blake standing above me holding two red cups.

"Blake. I-its been so long," I stammer.

"Tell me about it," he smiles a little.

He sits next to me placing one of the half full cup onto the floor next to my feet and drinks the out of the other cup.

"How are you doing?" I can't help but ask him after the whole rough situation that happened the last time I saw him.

"Alright, you?" He blankly stares past me.

"Ive had better days, but I'm doing pretty well right now,"

Blake nods and takes another gulp from his drink.

I can't believe he's here. I haven't seen him for so long it's like I'm having some sort of reuniting session with the clan who took me for hostage, oh my god that sounds even worse repeating it in my head.

He glances at Damon who is now getting up with the girl who was with him earlier.

What? Is he really leaving with this girl? of course he is, we're talking about Damon here. I feel the emptiness slowly escaping from the pit of my chest and just watch them leave with a flushed look flooding my entire face.

"Do you and Damon talk?" Blake says slowly.

"Sometimes," I squirm

"So you guys are on good terms?"

This isn't really Blake's business and I don't want to explain myself to his quick and serious questions. It's making me feel a little uncomfortable like he knows something building between Damon and I. Is there a Damon a i? After his whole breakdown of some type of revealing his emotions to me makes my heart flutter, him expressing himself to me makes me somewhat comfortable even if it's in a different kind of way. I still deeply know what he means or is trying to tell me.

"I don't really know, I mean I just saw him today,"

Has it only been a day and I feel this type of urge in needing to be around him just like that? What is Damon doing to me, oh god.

"Well, we don't talk anymore,"

I face him and frown, "what happened?" My curiosity grows.

When I wait for Blake to think of the right words to say, the light from the fire pit vanishes from Blake's neutral face and turn to the side noticing Damon's tall figure blocking the fires view.

"We're leaving," Damon demands

"We just got here?" I say confused in my small voice.

"It's getting late," when Damon glares at Blake I instantly know what he's doing but don't exactly know why he's mad at Blake. What did Blake do?

Damon grabs onto my arm pulling me up then Blake interferes to lack off his grip on me.

"You don't have to go with him," Blake calmly says.

"You stay the fuck out of this," Damon spits and points his index finger towards Blake.

I better get Damon away from Blake before he makes a scene. I can't trust him being here any longer from all this tension that is seeming to pile up right in front of me. Knowing Damon literally confronted a cop, won't stop him to beat Blake up in front of everyone and I truely don't want to see Blake get hurt.

"Damon," I connect my hand flat on his arm to ease his tension between Blake that he is furiously staring at.