Chapter 97

Mia's POV

The air was humid from the rain that was showering earlier today. But it's gotten sunny and dried up almost every little puddle and shiny wet cement. It's getting hotter and you know what that means...summer is coming! School is going to be out and that means even more people will be out and about on the streets.

I walk around, each block and street and find a café near by. I enter and coffee scents literally slap me in the face. I love the smell of coffee, but hate coffee breath. There a big difference.

When I order my muffin and coffee, I take a seat—the only seat thats left in this popular café. I'm guessing it's popular since all the seats are taken and people seem to love it here.

When I try to pull out a book to read I can tell the guy sitting right beside me is staring curiously at me. Suddenly i feel like I want to just grab my order and eat on out.

He notices that I notice he's staring at me, and chuckles a little.

I notice his dark brown hair matches his eyes with his thick brows. His face is super structured that it looks like he's gotten a fresh shave just now.

"Sorry, i didn't mean to look like I was stalking you in any sort," he says but continues to stare at me like he was just doing.

I've been stared at a lot actually around the streets that it makes me feel uncomfortable in a way but I'm kinda use to it and I know it sounds sick. Maybe because I've been in a house full of creepy-staring-men?

I slightly smile and look out the window so I can just pretend he isn't staring at me.

"You just look-" he begins as I turn to him, "so familiar,"

"Edward.." he holds out his hand, I feel rude not to shake it but I don't even know this guy and his hands probably has a lot of germs, luckily I have hand sanitizer in my purse.

I shake it, "Mia,"

"Right! Yes of course Mia Samuels, we went to elementary together, that's why you looks so familiar,"

"Oh how can I forget?" I laugh a little remembering he was a grade younger than me who was the lofty tree in a play we had at our school.

"You were Snow White," he points out "and i was the forest tree," he chuckles giving me a laugh as well.

"Wow, well what're you doing here in New York?" Edward asks.

"It's a long story. But I'm actually here with my cousin and since we were kids this was our dream place to live,"

"How do you like it?" He takes a sip of his coffee.

"It's amazing, I love it here," i smile. The lady waitress brings me my muffin and coffee as I thank her.

"It's so busy and crowded here though," Edward states.

"I like it. Something about it makes it a whole lot better,"

"What about you? Do you have a purpose being in New York?" I rip out a peace of muffin with my finger and toss it in my mouth.

"I actually go to NYU, I applied almost a year ago,"

"I actually applied there too, well my cousin-Dias she applied me there as well as herself and we're just waiting for a result back,"

"It takes time, but it's good to know that you applied sooner rather then later,"

"Exactly,"

I look at my phone and I suddenly feel a shock hit me. "I'm so sorry, I have to get going. I'm suppose to meet a friend," I say as I quickly get up and leave a tip on the table for the waitress.

"No worries. I guess I'll see you around Mia,"

"Ofcourse Edward," i say and give him a bright smile.

Damons POV

"You're dad is here, Austin you're dad's car is parked down stairs!" Joe barges in.

Austin slides the cocaine into the bag and seals it then throws it to joe who puts it in a cabinet. I sit up and space out a little infront of me. Thankfully I'm not that high. I was planning to but too late for that.

"Austin," a tall man wearing a grey suit enters the room. His face has no expression as he sees his son.

"Dad..didn't know you were coming," Austin gets up off the couch and wipes his palms on the side of his jeans repeatedly.

"Did I..interrupt something?"

"No," Austin reply's

"Good."

Austins father asks his butler? Driver? To get him a drink from the counters and he sits onto the couches.

"You aren't Joe?" He stares at me.

"He's Da-" Austin begins.

"Did I ask you?" His father tells Austin.

Austin looks alway.

"Damon Landers, Sir,"

He nods and takes a sip from his drink. "It's Mr O'Brien,"

I nod once but slightly.

"Where do you study, Damon?"

"I don't," is all I say.

"You don't what? Use your words,"

"I don't..study anything,"

"Your telling me you haven't been to school yet? A university or college? How does your parents feel about that?" Me O'Brien asks.

"I wouldn't know,"

The room gets quiet unexpectedly with an awkward shift. O'Brien observes me but I keep my eyes anywhere but at him. I can smell the pity from here and it's fucking bothering me.

"Why don't you try out NYU? Austin goes there so you'll already know someone there and if you....don't like it you can..always leave as you please,"

"I'm good," I reply. Last thing I need on my mind is going to school with kids. Preppy students. When I have so much going on in my life already.

"Damon, this is a good opportunity for you, not everyone gets that kind of chance," Austin tries to convince me.

"I-"

"Before you say anything, why don't you at least think about it?" O'Brien cuts me off.

I nod accepting it.