Chapter 76

Damon's POV

"I'm pregnant!" That voice I recognize says. Her voice.

My tight grasp diminishes off Carter's neck and he scatters up to stand behind me but far enough from me so I can't touch him again.

"What?" I can feel a knot in my throat.

She starts to tear up. "I'm four weeks,"

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?"

"Damon, I didn't know how? Do you get what this means?"

I don't. I never expected us to have kids yet. She's only 19 years of age. We're just becoming adults. I don't know what to do or say but just stand there like an idiot.

"Congradu-fucking-lations" Carter says dusting himself off and walks away.

If I wasn't at a stage where I'm glued to the floor because of knowing Mia told me she's pregnant with my kid, I would fuck his face up, right on the spot. But I know better than that.

"I w-want to keep the baby. Our baby," she says coming closer to me.

She wants to keep it? I don't know what to do or fucking say? Do I want this baby too? If Mia wanted it, of course, maybe i would consider, but I don't know how to feel about it yet. I don't even think I'm stable to be a parent.

"Mia, I don't know what to say," I tell her honestly.

"You don't have to say anything. I love you Damon Landers and I want this child with you," her eyes get glossy while she puts both of her tiny hands on both sides of my face.

"If this makes you happy," I say with a straight face.

A huge smile takes up almost her whole face and she hugs me tightly. I hold onto her and smell the fresh vanilla scent in her hair. I can feel myself drifting off already.

"You're so wet and cold," she squirms and tries to get away from me but I tease her by grabbing onto both of her arms to try to hold her against my soaked clothes again, but she keeps resisting and laughing.

"Damon stop it!" She squeals and I can't help but laugh with her.

When I spot the old baggy clothes and long greasy dirty blond hair, I instantly know who it is.

I let go of Mia slowly, while watching every move he takes. I take off my jacket suit and tie, leaving me with a plain soaked white dress shirt and black damp dress pants. Mia just watches me with suspicion.

I get closer to him and realize he's already putting glass and shiny objects in his raggy coat. I'm glad I brought one of my knifes but Mia won't be happy I did. It's better safe than sorry.

"Don't move, I'll be back," I tell Mia.

She has a puzzled look on her face and watches me leave her.

"Whats wro-" Mia grabs a hold of my arm.

"Mia, don't ask questions, just stay right here, okay?" I tell her while i look into her stare.

She freezes and looks at me as if she's afraid.

"Okay?" I raise my voice a little to break her silent stare.

"Yes," is all that leaves her mouth as I walk away from her.

As I walk closer to the man he looks even bigger than i saw him yesterday.

"Would you like a drink sir?" I say to only play an act.

"No.." he looks up at me and I can tell he already knows I look familiar. Great. "I know you," he stands up from the desk, to go right into my face where i can smell his cigarette breath when he breathes at this point. He uses his finger to move my face to the side while I lift my knife out of my pocket with my elbow so it'll be easier for me to grab it once I- "It didn't leave a mark?" He says while smirking.

"Let me try again," he grabs my neck and slams me against the wall, people start to gasp and scream.

"D for Damon, is it?" He says in my face.

He pushes me harder against the wall and a grunt escapes my mouth.

Brandon comes from the back and taps the man on the shoulder which makes him turn around and let go of my neck, and Brandon punches the man in the face but he fails when the guy just laughs.

He grabs Brandon by his collar and throws his across the house knocking a few people with him.

I feel dizzy and my throat feels numb including my whole face with it. I grab the knife out of my pocket and try my best to stab him in the stomach but he grabs my wrist in time. He throws the knife out of my hand, leaving it a few feet's away from me. He starts to constantly punch my face and I fall to the ground.

"Damon," Mia chokes and cries out.

I try my best to show her the knife on the ground that is literally touching her foot but I can't, I'm completely fucked. She tries to walk over to me which pushes the knife in front of her.

"Mia N-no, st-op," I try to say while the guy punches me.

The man puts his two hands over my neck, rapping them around my throat and chokes me his hardest. I can feel myself get lightheaded at this point.

Luckily Mia pushes the knife to my hand and I quickly grab it and do what's best. Stab him right in the pulse. Blood squirts out while he puts his hand over his wound. He shakes and stutters before he clasps onto the floor.