Chapter 9

It's almost three in the morning and Damon is packing his stuff. I'm standing in his room not knowing what to do or say after what just previously happened. My brain feels warned out from everything.

"What about carter?" I finally ask. "What about him?" Damon frowns shoving a bunch of black and white t-shirts in his bag. "Will you tell him we're leaving?" I ask him. "And why the fuck would I do that?" he's now dropped what he was doing and is staring at me. I see the cut on his cheek and lips again more clearly, oh god he's so attractive. "I m-mean what if he comes here?" I tell him, scared of his reaction on what he'll say to me next. He looks at me without saying anything for a few seconds, And I'm kind of relieved when he answers by saying "I told him to meet me before, you don't remember?" Damon continues to stare at me with a glare.

I almost forgot about that, the only thing that I clearly remember is Damon yelling at carter and other things I don't even want to mention right now. I did before but bringing it up to my head again makes me sick. It's just that so much has happened that I totally have forgotten about everything before I got here. Things that involve Jax, Chaz and Damon. I'm so caught up in this, that I hope it doesn't reflect and turn out to get bigger of a deal. It's terrifying. I'm counting on Carter bringing the money.

Why would Carter take Damon's money in the first place? So many questions but no one wants to answer them. I want to ask Damon but he doesn't seem to want to talk to me or even like me, I don't like him either. He's so mean. Well, I am related to the guy that stole his money. I wonder how much carter stole. Is it even true he "stole" it? Doesn't really change anything unless he has a good explanation on why he sto—took the money.

"I forgot" I answer him honestly, chewing on my bottom lip looking to the ground where my feet is. My white polished toenails over lap the other foot. I catch him staring at me when I look up, but he looks away from me too quickly for our eyes to actually meet.

Damon slings the full bag on his brooding shoulder. Once I get my heels on I feel it throbbing from pain. My whole body is in pain right now. Not only physically. it hurts emotionally. After everything that happened in this house. I don't think I've been this emotional since—my mother's death.

When we leave the disgusting house, a heavy weight lifts off my body. Damon opens my door and shoves me me into the silver car, once Damon gets in he slams the door shut almost making me jump and hit my head on the roof of the car. I want to tell him if he does that again he'll tear the car apart, but obviously I'm going to stick with me just being quiet.

I place my hands on my lap and lean my head against the window. "Don't do anything stupid, or I have no choice but to do something I'll regret, got it?" He says casually which is frightening the hell out of me. I am afraid of him but I also feel somewhat safe with him. If that makes any sense.

Damon looks at me waiting for my response. His stares are making me shake but I don't know what it's from. Is it how he's totally scaring me or something else?

I nod in return without staring at him. My hands in my laps are shaking and it's bothering me because I want it to stop before Damon notices it.
.....

While shifting over making myself comfortable on the comfy, soft surface that is pressed underneath my body. I sling my eyes open and look around myself, seeing a small table next to the bed I'm laying on with a really old TV straight across from me.

I force myself up and look around not finding Damon.

"Damon?" I whisper it more than I attended to. I rub my eyes with the balls of my fist to help commit myself from not falling back to sleep.

I know Damon is here when I see his large back placed right by the door, but he's just not exactly here in the room.

This place looks like a motel from those vintage movies I see all the time. It's creepy but peaceful. With the floral white-pink almost chipped and faded walls.