Chapter 20

My feet pick up a quick pace, one by one, rushing to get away from that bathroom, away from him.

He has the nerve to talk to me like that then not expect me to leave? So unpredictable. It isn't fair for me to go through such hassle because I care for his well beings and want to ask him if he's alright, but no I get blamed, I get hurt for it.

I stand in the middle of the building but far enough from the ring and the crowd of people chanting.

I choke on one of my sobs and wipe at my eyes. My chest rises and falls from the steadiness of my breathing. I try to maintain myself the best i can. Just in time my tears turn into dryness I hear Dias voice.

"Mia, what the hell? I was so worried, where were you?" Dias says waving her hands in the air.

"I needed the restroom." I lie.

"Well next time at least tell me."

I nod and try to form a smile. I look behind her shoulders and I notice the dirty blonde haired guy behind her, it's William.

"William, this is my cousin Mia." Dias says making her voice higher than usual.

"nice to meet you." We both say at the same time while shaking each other's hands.

"You guys are still coming to the bonfire?" William asks us.

I look at Dias to answer his straight up response.

"Yes of course. We're coming." Dias says wrapping her hands around his.

He gives her a wide grin and gazes into her eyes. I look away and find myself observing the concrete grey floor.

"So what's the plan?" Dias catches my attention, making me look up at her.

"I was wondering if you can come with me for the drive." William tells Dias.

"I brought my car though."

"Yeah? And I'll come with you in your car."

Oh no, I'm totally not three wheeling today.

"Mia?" Dias coos.

Before I can speak William looks at me and says "My friend can drive you. If that's okay, I wanted some alone time with Dias."

Dias doesn't say anything which obviously means she does want this alone time with William. Being a little selfish, I was hoping she would say that I would go with her but I know how much she likes William and I don't want to ruin that for her.

While I think of what to say, I wonder my eyes to Dias, but she's blankly looking behind me. Her expression floods with worry and fluster.

She then grazes her eyes back at me with this some kind of signal to not look back. But of course I do look back.

My face looses its colour and my eyes turn stone cold from the way he's staring at me. It's Damon. He couldn't look anymore angry or maybe I really can't tell because that's just his everyday expression.

My chest is about to pop or even fall out of me from how close he's getting. This can't be happening right now. I need someone to pinch me. I can't deal with his bitter and twisted acts, not right now.

I quickly turn around totally panicking and try to convince myself he wouldn't come here. But we're talking about Damon here.

I know Damon is standing just behind me when I can practically feel his eyes burning through my head.

"This is Damon." Williams gestures with his chin.

I don't even bother looking back and pretending I don't know him.