Chapter 38

I can't stop the pounding of my chest rising and trying to knock me down at this point. This isn't happening, this can't be happening. He's the guy aunt Sil was seeing? Oh my god, this couldn't get any worse. Chaz is up to something and it is further than just bad, it's extremely absolutely bad. He knows where we live and a guy like him can be capable of anything. Should I tell aunt Sil about everything? About how carter lied to us about moving to California for a job? About how carter stole pounds of cocaine from this guy, the guy, Chaz. I'm having a massive headache from all of this. I can't comprehend if this is actually happening.

"Mia?" I hear her voice behind me.

I plaster a fake smile before turning around, "hi, how are you doing?"

"Ugh I'm exhausted, I need some sleep," she gestures me to follow her and I do.

When I get in her room I instantly spot the flowers on her dresser. There's so many flowers inside a huge vase.

"Chaz came by and wanted to drop these off for me, isn't he lovely?" She holds the flowers below her nose and inhales the scent.

This isn't okay, this whole thing is a mess. She's so happy though, but I can't stand the fact that Chaz is only with her to get to us, to get to carter. My blood boils in anger from his name.

"The flowers are lovely," I reply instead, looking away.

She puts the huge clear vase down and plops on her bed.

"Who'd you go out to eat with?" She asks with a smile on her face. When isn't there a smile on her face? Never.

I want to mention Damon to her, I don't think it would be bad at ally I honestly don't know what kept me from telling her about him. I really like Damon and I kind of feel as if I can actually be normal and introduce him to my aunt like every couple does. But me and Damon are far from a normal couple.

"A guy," I tumble out.

"A guy? And who may this guy be?" She coos.

"His name is Damon,"

"When will I meet Damon?"

"Oh, well, we..aren't really at that stage yet," i stammer and bite my lip.

"Oh. I understand and it's okay," she brings out another smile.

I smile but it turns out to be only a little swift half smile.

Her phone starts to ring which the sound literally hurts my head.

"I have to take this, I'm so sorry," she huffs and gets the phone from her nightstand.

I try to walk out of her room as fast as I could so I can call Damon and tell him everything, but it dawns on me that I gave him my phone number, he didn't give me his. How am I going to call him now?

I toss my phone onto my bed and watch the useless object drastically bounce twice then flatly set.

I pace around my room and have a mini heart attack when it's been over an hour that he hasn't called yet.

I lay on my bed and put my phone closer to me, to wait for Damon's call making sure not to miss it. I continue to just stare at my phone like a complete psycho path until my eyes flutter close and I can feel my muscles less tense from the drowsy feeling I'm getting.

........................

"Miaaaa, Miaaaa,"

I shift my body a little trying to dwell away the voices or..voice.

"Mia, wake up,"

"Damon?" I murmur in my sleep.

"Jheez Mia, wake up!"

I feel cold hands against my cheeks and instantly open my eyes, spotting Dias in a white robe with a white towel wrapped around her head.

I quickly sit up and grab my phone to open my screen, just to find no calls from Damon. And it's 4:22 pm already.

"I'm going shopping, you want to come?" Dias asks me.

I should go but I don't like the thought of leaving aunt Silvana home alone. But I need this. I cant just sit here and think about Damon this whole time. I need a distraction and shopping is definitely a good idea.