Chapter 90

Mia's POV

My eyes open slowly to Aunt Silvana sitting on the chair spacing out in this dull room next to me. She's the last person I really want to see right now.

"You're awake?" Silvana catches me, but I quickly close my eyes to try to avoid her. I want to turn the other way so I don't see her face, but my body is too numb.

I remember crying so much that there's no tears left in me. I remember the pain taking over every bone in my body. And my heart sulking deeper somehow into me and falling right out of my chest.

I didn't expect something like this to happen. I didn't expect it to be Brandon in the first place. Brandon? Damon?

I find Dias walking in the door with a cup of water in her hand. She pauses when she sees me staring at her. Her eyes turn glossy and the first thing she does is grab me into a tight hug.

"Here," she pulls away, and wipes her eyes.

I take only a sip of the water, and hand it to her.

"Mia, you need to finish the water, you haven't ate or drank anything in hours,"

"I don't want it," I frown.

She puts the water on the table with wheels and sits herself by me.

"Damon? Where is he? I need to see him,"

Dias takes a deep breathe and sighs, "He had to go,"

"What? Where?"

"Mia, he killed someone. It isn't safe, not even for you,"

"Is he okay? H-he didn't have to leave, we could've fixed everything, we always do-"

"I told him to leave,"

I look at her in shock, "W-what? No-"

"Listen to me, he's doing okay. Its just that I had to jump in because I knew if I didn't, things would've gotten worse. You guys need some space, or maybe even more than that. Things are getting out of hand that both of you don't even know how to deal with your problems anymore,"

"I need him, Dias," I sniffle, while water falls down from my eyes.

"He said the same exact thing," she says and looks away from me.

I know what Dias is doing is the right thing, but it feels so utterly wrong. I don't know if I can do this without him, live without him for awhile. It just feels so wrong that i cant explain such thing.

"I got you and Dias tickets...for New York," Aunt Silvana says which makes me turn to her.

"Me and you are leaving this place, and going to start something and even live in New York together," she tries to put on a smile.

This really cheers me up, but I'm just not ready to leave yet. After everything that's happened and...my baby..I'm so lost that i don't think I can ever mention what happened. It's too difficult to deal with the thought of my baby..

"It's like we always wanted, remember," she holds both of my hands, and smiles so wide that it makes me smile just a little to back to my straight face.

"What about William?" I mention.

"Oh I have a lot tell you about this lying cheating snob,"

"Wait..what happened?"

She sighs and rolls her eyes. Silvana gets up and leaves the room.

"Remember that night of carters celebration? Well, I found out he was cheating on me with Bianca, but then he told me he was drunk and it meant nothing just before he did it again, the night of your baby celebra-" she stops, I look away and feel blue.

" that's why he hasn't texted me back, cause he was busy fucking that slut. It explains a lot since she's been staying at his place for awhile, I should've known," her face turns emotionless.

"Oh my god, why didn't you tell me?" I say.

She scoffs, "you have so much on your plate, and your asking me why I didn't tell you? I couldn't burden you with anymore problems,"

I understand why she does what she does, and honestly I think she's always right, which sounds kind of naive to say. I'm coming to realize that Damon and I do need a break. It's going too chaotic, and that's just not healthy for the both of us. We went to fast and the rush just made everything completely insane and out of proportion. I'm still deeply in love with him, and i don't regret anything.

"Hi..Mia Samuels?," a doctor walks in with her clipboard.

"Yes,"

"Well, you are ready to leave if you'd like. Please take your time," she says in a serious tone. I say thank you before she leaves the room and closes the door.