Chapter 14

"Fu-uck" Damon groans.

"Damon, stay still please." I tell him.

I keep failing to take the bullet out because my hand keeps shaking, I've obviously haven't done this and will never want to do this again.

There's blood on my hands, which is distracting me, I feel so sick.

"Take the fucking thing out" Damon screws his eyes shut from the pain that the tweezer is giving him.

"I-I'm trying, it isn't easy" I'm now frustrated.

I take a couple of deep breaths before I continue to use the tweezer to pull the bullet out.

With a lot of focusing, I take the little bastard out. I drop the bloody bullet into the tissue that is laying flatly in the bed.

I look at Damon and he looks exhausted, soaked in sweat.

I grab his muscular and injured arm, putting the white wrapping cloth around it, the first layer doesn't help, making the blood just come through it. I put more layers around it, until it's sealed enough to stop the blood to come visible.

He doesn't look nor say anything to me when I finish applying the thin cast.

I get up off the bed, where I was sitting beside his injured arm. My sore legs lead me to the bathroom leaving Damon at the bed alone.

I feel completely nauseous from all the blood stained on my hands.

I wash my hands vigorously and tears start to fall from my eyes. My vision gets blurry and I get the back of my hand wiping my eyes to get back my clear vision, while looking in the mirror I smear a little of my mascara and use my fingertips to fix it. I feel like a complete mess right now.

I wet a small cloth with lukewarm water for Damons deep scratch on his stomach. I then leave the bathroom, to go back to Damon. finding him still sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Let me" I nearly whisper, holding the white cloth up.

Damon nods once, responding as in "yes".

I sit onto the stool from the bathroom, placing it in front of Damon and start to dab the cloth onto his red-patched-scraped-stomach. He doesn't flinch as his eyes gaze me. I start to chew on my bottom lip again, I go up to where his neck is, dabbing it gently. My eyes trail up to his and now we're both looking into each others eyes.

"I almost killed someone" I blurt out nervously.

"What?" Damon grabs my wrist, gently, stopping my light dabs.

Tears are now falling from my eyes.

"He tried to hurt me and I freaked out and he—" I choke and say everything too fast.

The thought makes me crumble knowing every detail. He touched me, threatened me, and even tried to hurt me. He also was the one that took Blake and I to that man who tied us, then brutally hurt Blake, the same man Damon shot.

Damon lifts my chin up "What's done is done," he frowns.

He then lets go of my chin and brushes his thumb on my wet cheek, wiping my tears.

My eyes get caught into Damon's. He looks like he's searching for something in my eyes. He's so focused.

I get up without realizing, grasping then lifting the side of my long dress to sit on top of him and straddle onto his lap, with my legs at his sides.

I place my hands on his chest and go up to his neck, feeling every touch of skin on his bare body.

Damon watches me carefully and places his large hands onto each of my thighs, trailing higher up, not taking his eyes off my lips.