Chapter 89

Damon's POV

I decide to rent a hotel room for Mia and I to sleep for awhile. It's a long drive but it's better that way so she isn't near anything that can effect her in anyway. She's going through a lot and the last thing I want to bring up is getting on a fucking plane.

She hasn't really talked to me the whole ride much, and I'm letting her have the space she needs.

When Mia drifts off to sleep, I notice a car behind us. Getting faster as I keep looking in the mirror. I make a screech sound with my wheels by stopping the car and the other car stops as well. I definitely know something is up.

"Damon?" Mia says in a sleeping state while looking around her. "Why'd you stop?"

I turn my car back on and start to drive in a normal pace. Mia looks at me like I've been on drugs or something. She places her head back onto the window and closes her eyes.

I notice the car isn't there anymore and wonder maybe I'm going fucking crazy all of a sudden.

When we get to the huge hotel she looks at the long staircase. I pick her up and drape her legs over my arm. She shyly gives me a grin.

When I put her down she quickly takes her feet out of her heels and makes herself comfortable on the bed. I open the light of the bathroom and take a cold shower. When I take atleast ten minutes in the bathroom and finally step out of the shower room, I notice it's very quiet.

I put on my dress pants back on because that's the only clothes i have at the moment and Mia practically forced me to wear them, I look at the gun in my hand and put in just beneath the waist line of the pants. I leave my socks on for the night while I put my buttoned up dress shirt on but don't get the chance on buttoning it up when I walk into the room with Brandon covering Mia's mouth with his other hand that I didn't damage. His gun is pointing at me but he's shaking a lot since I damaged that one.

He's the fucking guy that has been following me. Us.

"Get on your knees," Brandon says. I look at Mia firstly and worry takes over her eyes. "Get the fuck on your knees!" He yells this time while shooting towards me and the bullet only scrapes the edge of my ear, making it bleed just a little while Mia screams under his hand, her eyes are filled with water and she tries her best to get out of Brandons grip but fails to.

I slowly get on my knees while looking at him with death stares. I regret not fucking killing him.

"Put your hands behind your head," he demands. I do as I say because I don't want to have him do anything bad to Mia. "Turn the fuck around," and I do...

"Room service!" A women says coming inside.

"Fuck," Brandon says under his breath and as she comes in he shoots her right in the chest multiple times as well as inside her mouth. He watches her fall to the ground and goes into shock of what he just did. His aiming is fucking bad since his hand is messed up.

Now is my chance. I grab the gun that is sticking out just between my waistline to my pants and point it at him but can't shoot since Mia is in front of him. He also shoots a couple of times at me but misses terribly. I shoot at his damaged hand which makes him let go of Mia and Mia finally breaks free while she kicks him right in the balls. He grabs her neck pushes her against the wall while pointing the gun at me as blood drip down from his hands.

"Drop your gun...or ill shoot her," he tightens his hand around her neck where she can barely breathe.

I drop my gun in front of me and he untightens his grip on Mia's neck which makes her let out a breath and coughs.

"Say goodbye Damon," he tells Mia that in a mocking tone.

She hesitates when Brandon pulls the trigger.

I think to myself, this is the end, but in reality nothing hits me to feel different, meaning I feel the same. I open my eyes and find Brandon repeatedly pulling the trigger but the bullets are all out. He struggles and cusses under his breath and drops the gun while dragging Mia by her hair near the stairs.

He runs with her while she tries to stop him by her feet.

I grab the gun on the floor and look at the security guard coming after me. And another getting ahold of Brandon.

I elbow the security guard in the mouth while I find the other one struggling with Brandon. He looks at me and when Mia is about to get up, he pushes her down the long staircase at the same time as I pull my guns trigger many times to Brandon's chest and head.

I run after her but it's too late, she's on the bottom of the staircase on the main floor. The security backs away from Mia who has blood all over her hands, she looks at it while her face is flushed and her hand shaking. I run down the stairs and find the blood all over in between her thighs.
Her face is in shock and she can't stop shaking. She cries miserably while choking onto her sobs. I kneel down and grab her to hold her. She muffles screams and cries into my chest while she sits onto the cold pavement with blood draining out of her lower area.

I don't know what to do but hold her at this point. I don't feel anything but numbness.