Chapter 71

Mia's P.O.V

I finally made my decision and I really don't like the idea of this, I have to think of myself too though.

Everything seems like it's hitting all at once and i cant handle it all. Maybe that means that I need this time to think more about Damon and I and our hectic relationship. Us having a break is probably the best thing for us at the moment. I feel like there's just things he's going through only between himself that don't want to be shared with me and I'll let him breathe and take time to heal from it, but if it comes to things where he's hiding stuff, I'd rather just not be involved in it. I love damon more than anything in the world and he's always been there for me like I've been there for him but I need him to know if he's still getting into trouble I don't want anything in it, and I'd hope that he wouldn't want anything in it either.

The door swings open and I nearly jump out of my thoughts to Damon's bare chest. I get off of the bed and to my feet to face Damon properly, "We need to talk," My eyes lead to Damon's bloody knuckles and it looks horrible.

"Oh my god, what happened?" I grab his hand drained in blood, some of the blood travel to my palms.

He jerks his hand away from my touch and drops it at his side. "What do you want to talk about?" He looks nervous.

Is this really a good idea to talk about it now? If I don't tell him now, I don't think I'd ever want to later.

"When I say this, I don't want you to take it the wrong way or get mad, please just don't-"

"What?" He harshly says.

I look at his hardened expression like his looks can kill me on the spot. His eyes intensely stares deep into mine, and I look down to his chest because I can't help but want to change my mind if I keep looking into his glistening grey eyes.

"I think...it's best if..we take a break," When the words fall out of my mouth, I instantly want to swallow it back up. The helpless expression built onto Damon's face isn't helping at all.

"So it's over?" He runs his hands through his hair.

"No! I just feel like so much toxic is invading our relationship, that i cant handle it," tears prick at my eyes and I feel it rising.

"You mean you cant handle me," his voice is barley audible and it makes me want to cry even more.

"Damon you know that's far from what I meant, I love you-"

"No you dont! If you loved me you wouldn't leave me,"

All I could do at this moments is suffer and choke on my sobs.

He starts to pace around the room in panic.

"W-we need this Damon, you know it," I follow every step he takes around the room to get his full attention.

"I cant, I fucking can't do that, you can't leave me,"

I grab both sides of his cheek and face him directly to me. "I'm still going to be here, if you need anything I will be here, for you," but just as friends; I say in my head because I can't see him like this anymore and bringing up the word friends isn't the best way to calm him down. I don't even think I can only be friends with him, he's just so much to me and I'm just so use to treating him like the only guy i want to kiss, love and hug. But right now I need to focus on things that will improve us and our relationship in the future before things get very serious. And that really means alot to me.

"We can't just be friends," he tells me, pulling me closer to him and colliding my body to his.

Our lips are so close that one slight move can connect our lips together.

"I know," I pull away from his touch gently. "But it's for the best,"

"Fuck that! Who fucking cares if it's for the best!"

"Don't you want a better future with me? A stable future?"

Damon stays quiet and looks down like he's agreeing.

"So do i, and I'll do anything for us to have a better future, we're just not ready yet," I go closer to him and caress his jaw, "please say you understand."

"I understand," he mostly whispers.

AUTHORS NOTE:

what are some of your guys ideas on what will happen in the next chapters coming up?!?!

comment some of your ideas, i really want to hear you're point of views ! it will mean a lot if you did, it will also help me and encourage me to want to make more chapters. i need to know that readers are very invested into this story, so i can continue to make more for you guys.

I would love hear what YOU guys have to say about this story. Thank you !💛💛💛💛