Chapter 39

"How about this dress?" I ask Dias holding out a purple dress that goes up to my knees.

"You are not getting that," she half laughs and half demands.

"Okay, fine, I'll try the other ones you picked," I look at the three dresses draped over my arm.

When I get into the changing room I hang up the three dresses Dias picked out, for one of my selections.

The red one is too short and it's latex which I'll strongly pass on.

The next one is literally all laced and has a thin fabric underneath. Yeah, not happening.

Finally, the last one. I actually really like it. It fits all in the right spots, plus the creamy white dress is silky and comfortable. It's so elegant.

"Hurry up," Dias groans.

"Okay okay, I'm done, I picked my favourite one," I squeal.

I come out and show her the dress. I don't know if the dress looks that good on me right now because my hair is in a messy bun and my face bare without any makeup, But I know this dress is beautiful as it is and it's really the one I want.

"Wow! The dress looks so perfect on you," She gasps.

"You think so?"

"Uh, duh," she raises both of her perfectly arched eyebrows at me to prove a point.

When I pay for my dress, I can feel the pain in my chest from how much I spent and can already tell my bank account is broke. Dias's dress was way more expensive than mine and she didn't look fazed once, like she's use to spending that much.

"So, are you ready to go to the party at the club tonight?" Dias asks once she starts her car and gets out of the mall's parking lot.

Now to think of it, I only want to go to the club to see Damon, if he's going. I hope he'll be there but at the same time, what if he is there, should I worry about the fact that he didn't even tell me about it nor asked me to come with him? Well he hasn't texted me all day and even though I'm not as comfortable going to a club again, I still need to tell him about Chaz and my aunt somehow. He's the only one I can really talk to about this since Dias doesn't know about Chaz, or anything obviously. I just wished he could've called me to make everything much easier, but that's nothing like Damon, he's the most difficult man I know, but a part of me likes him for it.

"Sure," is all I can manage to say.

"It'll be fun, just please have fun," she practically begs.

I sigh, "maybe, if I'm in the mood,"

"It's a club Mia, you have to be in the mood, just live a little, it won't kill you,"

"We will see," i tell her not knowing if I really mean it.

Dias's smile grows and she continues to drive, looking at the road.

"How's the asshole?" Dias asks turning into the corner of the familiar glass houses.

"Asshole?"

"Damon!" She laughs.

"He's not an asshole," I giggle.

"Okay whatever you say," she says sarcastically.

"And we're doing good."

Are we doing "good"? I don't even know. I'm just upset and even worried that it's now 7:30 pm and he hasn't called once when he specifically told me he would.

"I've never seen Damon actually date someone, wait you guys are dating right?"

"I think so,"

Why the hell did I just say that? I have to know that we are dating. We are. Are we? Oh my god why is my mind playing games with me?

"You think so?" She looks at me confused.

"I just don't know really, he hasn't called since this morning when he took me out to eat for breakfast," I sound so low.

"What the fuck? He hasn't called you yet? Well he better have a good explanation," she nearly yells in the small spaces of her car.

Seeing Dias mad should mean I should be even more mad, right? I mean who doesn't call their girlfriend for hours, leaving them worried as hell. Am I his girlfriend? Does he see me that way?

"Is he going to be at the club?" I ask her quietly.

"Oh yeah, he's gonna be there, all his friends go. When I said everyone I meant it," she says like she means it. "Did he not tell you?"

I shake my head 'no'

"What a dick move," she whispers to herself. "Look Mia...Damon is complicated, no offence but he's just so different from what you really deserve. I just don't want you ending up hurt,"

I want to tell her how much I like Damon and how we aren't as different as people assume we are. But I'm so angry and upset that I can't manufacture at this moment.

She parks her car by the garage and takes her keys out.

"Let's go to that damn club and show him what he's missing out," she says brightening up my mood.

My smile deepens and I grab my shopping bags and walk into the house to get ready.