52

Harry and Essie arrived at a quiet park in the middle of southwest London. Golden hour was upon them and as they sat on the bench watching over a small lake where ducks swam its length, everything seemed so calm, so serene.

In his backpack Harry had a Tupperware pot where two Greggs sausage rolls were tucked away and two cans of Coca Cola sat in his bag beside the pot. It wasn't much but he didn't care too much for fancy food, neither did Essie. Simple was something they liked. Something they adore.

Harry has his arm around Essie's waist, his other around on her knee, his warmth providing her body with a surge of electricity and goosebumps. Essie laid her head on his shoulder, he eyes closed as they basked in the glow of the evening, yes it was cold, but together they were on fire.

It's funny. Normally Harry would be the one to take the photographs, but he and Essie alike were unbeknown to the fact that a tourist had snapped a photo of the couple, the bright oranges, pinks, reds and yellows of the sky masking them and creating a silhouette of their frames.

Harry leaned his head down and placed a soft kiss on Essie's forehead, letting his lips linger slightly, his breath tickling her head as her hair brushed against his nose. "I never asked, how was your meetings?" Harry asked quietly, as if his voice was going to shatter glass if he spoke too loudly.

"They were mostly boring, but I have a few auditions soon," Essie Replied, her voice mirroring his pitch.

"Do you know what for?"

She shook her head lightly, "didn't say. Series 2 for Anne will be filming soon due to the popularity of the show."

"That's good then, you're cute as Anne."

"Thank you."

Harry was about to reply when Essie got a text. She flickered her eye towards the screen which read:

Hoe
I can see you.

Hoe
Turn around.

Essie glanced over Harry's shoulder to see Adam with his arms crossed, leaning against a  tree. She had not clue as to why or how he was in London. "I'll be right back," she kissed Harry's cheek and hurried off in the direction of her best friend.

Harry nodded his head, as much as he didn't plan nor want any distractions, he knew how much Adam meant to Essie and that there was no way to stop her.

Essie practically ran into Adam's arms. "What are you doing here?!" She exclaimed as he lifted her off of the floor.

Adam chuckled, "well, other than interrupting you on what seems like a cosy, soppy evening with you and the other ginger-nut, I am here because I met someone."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! Back the truck up! You met someone? Is this a special someone?" She nudged him.

"Maybe," Adam smiled, a blush forming on his cheeks.

Essie jumped up and down clapping her hands together in joy for her best friend. "Tell me all."

Adam grasped her shoulders to stop her bouncing. "Well, you know how you posted on my birthday and some guys commented on it?" Essie nodded her head, "well one guy dmed me and well we've been talking for a while and we decided to meet up. I'm seeing him in the morning."

"Good Lordy! My hoe is gahhhh!"

"English, Essie, English woman!"

"I'm Irish."

Adam rolled his eyes, shaking his head, "anyway, I was on the way back to my hotel when I spotted you and loved boy. Remember, as much as you're adorable, I don't want any mini Essie or Harry's to godfather just yet."

"Who says you'll be godfather?"

"So you want his kids?" Adam smirked, easing his eyebrows suggestively.

"Shut the fuck up!" Essie slapped his arm. "I'm not discussing this, now, get back to your hotel, text me when you get there so I know you're safe-" she held up her phone.

"You mean the one that just died." Adam pointed at the screen that as now blank.

"Oh collywobble! Well do it anyway so when I charge it I'll know you're safe."

Adam nodded, hugging his best friend and departing the park. Essie sounds on her heels to make her way back to Harry but he was nowhere to be seen.

"Harry?!" She called out hoping that he was just messing around and hiding from her. "Harry?!"

She searched the small park and couldn't find him. He was not under any benches, he was not in nor by the lake, he was not in any trees or bushes. He had fully disappeared, just like Essie's sense of safety.

She was used to being on her own. Trailing acres of fields with nothing but nature to keep her company but this was different. In an unfamiliar place, no radio to call for anyone in her family, her phone without any charge and she couldn't recall her footsteps to go back to the house even if she tried.

Maybe she could catch up to Adam? Use his phone to get in contact with Harrison? She broke off into a sprint in the direction where Adam had headed, she passed many houses and cars but he too was nowhere to be found.

"Good Lordy, Essie, what have yi got yourself into?" She scolded herself as her pace slowed to a trudge, her trainers scuffing the pavement.

"This. Is. Not. Going. To. End. Well."