77

Essie went to leave the room but her father stopped her and shook his head. "Not you, sweetheart," he said lovingly but his eyes darkened as he turned back to his eldest son, "I can't look at you right now. Shona, you can stay, my dear."

Prosper didn't even protest, he through his arms up in annoyance and stormed out, Shona staying momentarily to say, "I'll try and talk him round, Essie, ignore him. I'll be by your side the whole time, hun." She then followed after Prosper.

Essie nodded, though it wasn't very enthusiastic as she still awaited her parents full reaction. Nancy sat beside her daughter and placed her hand on her back. "Mammy, are you angry?" She asked.

Nancy and John both sook their heads, "how could we be," Said the latter, "we weren't much older when we had Prosper. It's just unexpected, that's all."

"Because I only had Adam until the recent year."

"No, Essie, it was simply unexpected. No other reason other than that," said Caspian, "And Harry knows?"

"Yeah, I told him."

Nancy held her daughter in her arms, "and what does he think about it?"

"He's super happy. He knows there will be backlashes from media and things but other than that he's excited. We've decided to keep it secret even when the baby is actually born, we don't want any bad press for Tom or Dom or Harrison just because we are having a baby."

"Bad press? Darling, if you want to shout it that you're having a baby. You do it, don't worry about other people." Said John, "Tom, Dom and Haz are able men. If anything reflects on them they can handle it. But do you want this baby? No one will blame you if you don't."

"Of course I do, Da'. It is mine and Harry's baby and as much as I didn't plan for it, I am bloody happy."

John smiled proudly, "and that's what I like to hear. Forget Prosper, if he doesn't like it he knows where the door is. No matter what, Essie we will be here to help you and Harry, after all our first grand baby!... well that we are aware of, Lord knows what Caspian gets up to," he laughed.

Caspian scoffed, "oh yes, you have three grandchildren already, one called work, one called video games and one called beer."

Essie giggles softly and nestled into her fathers embrace, her hand laid gently across her stomach as a weight was lifted from her shoulders that felt as if it was breaking her back. Now it was Dominic, Nikki, Tom, Paddy and let's not forget Harrison's reaction that was still weighing down on her.

* * *

🖤 liked by essiemulligan99, Fra_M97 and 18,410 others

harryholland64: looking towards the future and damn it looks great 😍

view all comments

essiemulligan99 🧡🧡🧡

Fra_M97 🤙🏻

tuwaine dang boo 🥵

lifeisaloha ooh baby👀

* * *

Harry breathed out many times to try and calm his rapid heartbeat that pounded violently against his chest. He had just told Essie that he was telling his parents and other brothers whilst she agreed to talk to Harrison who had just arrived to visit the family, Charlotte, Brian and Phil with him. Sam, of course, already knew and was there for moral support as, he too, worried about the reaction of the rest of his family. No matter what their reaction was, however, Harry would not change his mind about his child. He wanted he or she and nobody could alter that.

"What's this about?" Paddy questioned him as he entered the living room with everyone already seated in their, Tessa on Tom's lap who also seemed rather confused by the events.

"Er... you know what? I'm just going to come right out and say it— Sam tell them!" He panicked turning to his twin whose eyes widened in shock.

"No," said he, shaking his head, "this is yours to tell not mine."

"Harry, what's wrong, love?" His mum asked, "you can tell us anything. You always have known that."

"Are you moving out?"

"What? No, Paddy!"

"Are you... engaged?"

"No."

"You're bankrupt?"

"No."

"You're going to prison?"

"Jesus Christ Paddy, no!"

"Then what? Have you committed a crime?"

"Essie's pregnant!" Harry yelled in annoyance from his younger brother's persistent guesses. The room fell silent, more silent that it already seemed to be and let's just say their faces were a picture. Paddy's lips were pursed together like he was blowing something as he sat up straighter and his eyes were wide. Tom was in disbelief, Nikki was a mix of confusion and happiness and Dom, well Dom, just grinned.

"Thomas I do believe you owe me a new set of golf clubs," he said proudly.

Tom groaned, "ah for God's sake!"

"I'm confused," Said Harry looking between Tom and his father.

"Dad and Tom has a bet that it wouldn't be long before something happened," explained Paddy, "Tom Said you would get married to Essie. And dad said pregnancy. I said she'd dump you but I wasn't allowed to join in the bet."

"Seriously? You had a bet on my relationship?"

Tom chuckled awkwardly, "well yeah."

Harry shook his head in disbelief and pinched the bridge of his nose. "Well we're keeping the baby so..."

"That's fantastic news, darling!" Nikki smiled and stood up to hug her son, "how far?"

"Eight weeks."

"Well done Harry, you've just set Essie up for nine months of pain followed by labour. I hope you have the night feeds and you find Essie star fishing so you have to sleep on the floor."

"Paddy!"

* * *

How do you think Harrison will react?