76

"So listen up everyone," John clapped over the loud hustle and bustle that was the whole family except Prosper and Shona (the latter still trying to talk sense into her boyfriend). The room fell silent and everyone paused their eating except for Seamus who continued to eat but watched curiously as his uncle called for silence.

"What's up dear?" Aisling asked her son.

"Well, I think Essie has something to say." Said John and immediately from under the table Essie gripped onto her brother's hands tightly, both Caspian and Fra squeezing hers in reassurance.

"What's up, Ess?" Harrison questioned, "his eyes filled with curiosity."

"Well... don't be mad, especially you." She began staring straight at Harrison whose mind began to fill with all different questions. "I'm... I'm pregnant."

Seamus' fork dropped onto the plate with a loud clang and his mouthful of vegetables spilled from his mouth back onto the plate. Nobody said a word and Essie could feel her heartbeat growing faster and faster as the air thickened with every passing second.

"I'm going to kill him," Harrison was the first to speak. "You're seventeen for fucks sake—"

"Language!" His grandfather scolded.

"No, not now grandpa!" Harrison snapped standing up and slamming his fists onto the table. "Not only are you still technically a child but you nearly died literally a few months ago! Are you actually stupid? You should know better! You don't even live in the same country! And not to mention what will happen to you when the press catch wind of your pregnancy! Essie you're not a loner anymore—"

"How dare you say that!" Charlotte cried, "leave her alone! If Essie is pregnant she's pregnant, you should be happy Harrison!"

"How can I be happy when she's ruining both her life and one of my best mates! Harry wouldn't want a baby now! Why would he? His career is just starting, you might have lost yours Esmerelda but that doesn't give you the right to throw Harry's away too!"

"Shut up!" Charlotte shouted at her brother but that didn't stop Harrison's rant from continuing. It got to the point where Essie couldn't take it and she left the dining room, running across the field to her own house and everyone left her alone. They all needed to deal with Harrison and give Essie some breathing space.

However, Essie wasn't in the mood for breathing space. Instead she rushed up to her room and snatched a backpack from her cupboard and tossed in some clothes, her purse with her cards in and a bottle of water along with some food. She put on her coat and hurried out of the back of the house and across the field which was hidden by the house so that anyone at her grandparents house couldn't see her leaving. Tears trickled down her cheeks and her hand rested on her stomach. Was Harrison and Prosper right?

"Get out!" Aisling pointed to the door glaring furiously at Harrison. "Go cool down."

Harrison flipped over his plate and pushed his chair to the ground like an insolent child, slamming the door on the way out of the room.

"Do the Holland's know?" Brian asked.

"Yes," Said Fra, "Harry and Sam were the first other than myself. Prosper knows too but he had a similar reaction to Haz."

"I'll be back," Said Charlotte shaking her head and traipsing out into the living room. She was given Tom, Greg and Tuwaine's numbers in case of emergencies and this definitely was one that meant she needed to called Tom.

Tom was quick to pick up.

"Hey, Charlotte, wassup?" Tom asked and she could hear chatter in the background die down.

"Harrison is fuming." She said.

"Hold on, let me put you on speaker. Harry listen."

"Okay?" Harry was heard in the background.

"What do you mean?" Asked Tom.

"Essie told the whole family about the pregnancy and Harrison is shouting his mouth off. Prosper is the same apparently. Essie had stormed out but we're giving her some space. But Harrison really isn't happy. As much as he said he'd kill Harry, he kind of shifted to blaming Essie. Like it was her fault. And was saying how she's ruining her and Harry's lives and that she is stupid."

"For fucks sake," Harry groaned, "of course she isn't! It's not planned but we're happy."

"How do the rest of your family feel about it?"

"As far as I can tell, Tom, they're happy. I know her parents and Fra and Caspian are definitely happy. Nanny was angry at Harrison's reaction and told him to get out and cool down. I just hope he takes some time to think it over and come to his senses. I know I'm happy for Essie and Harry. I think Harrison is just confused and isn't able to process it all. Or at least I hope it's that."

"I'll call him in a bit," stated Tom, "I'll try talking to him. This isn't like him. In fact he was talking about how cute their kids would be only a few weeks ago, so I don't know why he is reacting this way."

"He's a twat."

"Harry!"

"Mum, he's literally pissed at me and Essie for having a kid. Understandable if we were like twelve! Or he didn't know that we were in a relationship!"

"Harry," Said Charlotte, "Essie has always been another sister to Haz, so I understand that he would be protective. I know he's over reacting but just give him some time. I just thought I'd pre-warn you that he and Prosper aren't exactly over the moon."

"I get it but it's just pathetic." Harry sighed and Charlotte could hear him walk out of the room.

"I'm going to ring your brother now, just let me know if anything else happens, yeah darling?"

"I will."

* * *

Me
Adam, can I come
and stay with you
for a bit?

Adam 🏳️‍🌈
Ew no peasant
Joking ofc
you can I haven't
seen you in ages.
Do you what Dad1
To pick you up?

Me
Yes please, I'm by
the old den x

Adam 🏳️‍🌈
Okay thot
Be there asap
and you better
spill the tea
I've missed your
Stupid face x

Me
Trust me
you won't expect
what I have to say x

Adam 🏳️‍🌈
Oohhh shitttt