64 - The Secrets In A Dance - Part 2

As I make an exemplary teaching partner, I observe the pairs dancing around in the hall. As per usual we are practicing the so called 'waltz'.

I think the first thing to note is that Gil is the one dancing with Jesmaine. After the outburst just now, she probably couldn't find a partner... but I can't imagine Gil taking pity on someone.

Is he going to use her to bother me further? I don't think my patience can take more direct confrontations today, though...

Alstair seems to be dancing calmly with a duke's daughter. If I do not recall wrong, then she is one of the women who has a one sided love towards Gil.

As for our clumsy girl before... it's gone now, but without having danced with Lionel for years, I can't tell if it is because of his lead, or if she forgot to be bad because she keeps glancing to our beloved heroine.

While the girl is from the southern country, she doesn't look like the girl that supported me in the classroom... so other than... appearing fixated on the heroine, nothing seems off.

...

Lionel... are you avoiding our Heroine? I expected Lionel to notice the foreigner's obsession... and maybe he did... but the more I made certain, the clearer it was. Every time he was about to face the Heroine, he made an elegant turn of his dance partner so that his back was to out beloved Heroine...

Why?

Was your last meeting so awkward that you couldn't look at her? No, if that was the case then he'd simply apologize. Besides, Lionel was the one that had been leaning all over her and been mean to her-.... wait

Isn't that the same way he avoids me? Why?!

What do the Heroine and I even have in common? Lionel has no interest in me, unlike with the Heroine. She is naive, I am not. She got tricked by kindness, I did not. She is weak and cute, I am not. She's ignorant to her weaknesses, I am not. She is blind to her circumstances, I am not... she is overly kind, I am not...... aren't we opposites?

Furthermore, there was never any awkward event between Lionel and I to give birth to such behavior.

But still, it is a slight relief, that apparently I am not the only one he is avoiding.

My view is interrupted by two people dancing like wet breadsticks swaying elegantly across the floor... except, even with their graceful movement the female wet breadstick mainly does its elegant moves in the wrong direction, and the male breadstick keeps nearly hitting everyone near them.

The worst part is that the two wet breadsticks are in love with each other... and both of them appears to be unaware of the other's affection... they're not close enough, nor holding each other as closely as they should... despite all the nerves they still want to dance together... and the result is... subpar...

"That is not the move I was making," the young man argues nervously. How brave? Childhood friends perhaps. They were both children of Earls.

I want to sigh.

I slip from the young man I was helping out and approach them from the middle of the floor.

"Is there a problem?" I give them my best polite smile. They both stop up nervously, aware that my question is merely rhetoric.

"That... it just isn't working..." the young man spoke out carefully, trying not to blame her, though he certainly was. Meanwhile his partner was looking flustered and frustrated from not knowing what is going on.

"I see. Then, look closely," I speak out calmly and step up to the now confused girl in my arms, who is being put and lifted into a proper position. With a little push on her back I step in and place us skin to skin.