103 - Making Amends

Lionel's Point Of View

Once the situation turns in our favor I get a proper sense of what is going on. There's a small crawlspace between the ground and the glacier, just enough for someone to get through. Furthermore, there's a small tunnel at one side of the glacier where the enemy is fleeing through... slowly...

"Lord Tepet!" I look from the battlefield and over to the Celeste troops. As frustrated I am over their recklessness, I am also incredibly thankful. The glacier will give us a bit of time to rest. They'll need to use a lot of magic to turn that back into water or crush it. There's currently none with the specific mixture of blessings from water and wind faeries.

I step over to the exhausted group to prevent matters with who going to who, and look over the battered and bruised group. The knight from before bows stiffly, and I can see Lily staring at the guy through her helmet.

"Lord Tepet, we have all reached exhaustion, and do not have the strength to take Celeste-sama to the injured to heal them. We would be filled with gratitude if this could be arranged."

I look over the group again. At least one of them should have the energy to bring her there, but considering that multiple of them have passed out I won't argue. They're already busy checking their own injuries as well.

Lily looks to me.

"It would be greatly appreciated. To my regret I'm too exhausted to move."

Her words comes out calm and collected, as if the situation at the academy didn't happen... no, she's probably focused on the injured twenty or so guys from before... but... she can't move? A momentary rush of anger bursts through my body, but I swallow it bitterly. She was practically still in the same pose she took after cutting the officer down, so the little sprint from before must've tired her out... if we hadn't been there she would've been unable to defend herself. What would have been an awkward and uncertain reunion will have to be delayed.

I glance down to her mildly trembling legs and hold in a sigh. I can find no other reason for her to struggle to stand on her feet than pride.

Without wasting any further time I step up to her. Asher, her bodyguard, is one of those that passed out due. He's crumbled together at her feet snoring softly. He will wake up in a few hours.

"I may be a bit heavier than what you expect, since I am quite athletically muscular."

I nearly freeze for a moment as I hear her warning. There's no hint of sarcasm in her voice. Not shame either. She's actually appears to be a bit proud.

...

In a moment of nagging annoyance with her reckless behavior... and well learned manners I reply to her the following after picking her up over my shoulder:

"You are light. It will be fine."

I catch a glimpse of Rover that looks somewhat terrified at my words. Certainly, since she was indirectly bragging about her muscle weight, my words would be considered an insult, however calling a lady heavy is not acceptable. Not that Rover knows she's a lady.

Surprisingly she doesn't retort at me as I get a proper hold around her thighs, and I look to Damien briefly.

"Please guide the Celeste knights to their area."

With that I set into a light run towards the area for the injured.

Honestly, Lily might be heavier than your fine young lady, but compared to a man she was quite light. I had expected her to complain about being put over my shoulder, but she was... surprisingly calm.