85 - The March - Part 3

Helena Fox's Point Of View

My nerves are frazzled.

I'm cornered by Gil-sama in a completely desolate hallway. I've no doubt that he has made sure the hallway is empty, because he... he... this is Dark Gil!

"You won't tell Lily-Chan about this little thing, will you, He-le-na-Chan~? it's not often I get found out, so I am a bit impressed. I'll have to keep a proper look on you. Ah~ but I guess I don't have to worry about that, I can get rid of you if I want after all."

He said those words so calmly and confidently like he was determining the fate of a mouse. No, I was definitely been shaking like a little trapped mouse so something like that is expected.

I don't know he found out that I knew about him, but he didn't seem to know about the reincarnation. I couldn't get the image 'Lily' put in my mind out of my head though. If it was Gilbert-sama then... he would definitely do it. He would definitely put me through something like that!

Still, even in this condition I must still struggle to think of a way out. After all, Gilbert-sama would know if I lied.

Wait... why was he asking about Lily? I... Lily and I had never gotten along. I would never tell her... unless...

"You're afraid of Lily?"

I ended up blurting out the question on my mind, but even then I wasn't expecting an answer... I wasn't even expecting a reaction... and yet it was there... the way his eyes widened for a moment and then... it changed... his behavior changed... those eyes aren't sane... it's like life just left them and left only cruelty.

"Oh~ What makes you think that?"

...why would I tell someone looking like they're going to kill me?! I mean that's what that expression meant in the game! No, actually it meant he was angry and would torture you, but that is pretty much the same!

"B-because s-she is terrifying?" I stuttered out while trying to crawl out of the grave I was digging for myself.

Gilbert-sama leaned his head to the side.

"Terrifying?"

He appeared to chew on the answer. I can't get away from him in this long hallway! Please let me go already!

"Certainly. But so fragile. So hard to handle. So hard to make happy too."

His lips curl into a smile.

"But I've no need to do such favors for you, Helena-Chan. Now, let's go, Helena. We will continue this-"

NOOOOO! Definitely not! I run past him towards the window and glance to Milley, my minor wind faerie in the shape of an owl.

Wind blast!

I visualize the spell structure and build it up before setting the release point as my hand.

The window shakes for but a moment before it is blasted open and I jump out.

—-*—-

That was this morning.

I just barely managed to land softly because I'd taken time to lean feather fall since my last confrontation with 'Lily'. I just barely managed to join the group leaving the academy to get away from Gilbert, and now I'm trapped with 'Lily' instead!

Not just that, but I have to watch the nerve wrecking scene of 'Lily' being exposed as a woman. I don't know what to think anymore.

The only thing even remotely amusing is to watch the soldiers, and how awkward 'Lily's' conversations with them are... if she's tired then she'll leave me alone, right?