Chapter 4

Ashton Lombardi POV

Derek and I went shopping for school essential last Saturday. I will be lying if I said it was fun. Just like always, Derek was quiet and not much of giving his preference in things like the new color for his new clothes, shoes or even bag. All I did in the end was to give him the options in front of him and have him choose one or two. That's better than me being completely selfish and get things without asking him, right? 

Anytime soon bro! I'm still waiting for a sign or any guidance from you. But please make it soon!

Unfortunately I had to travel to London to sign a few contracts with my new business partner for my new business project. I brought Derek along with me just so he can take a break from my family or to let him be in a new environment. I don't know, honestly! I just want him to talk with me but to my dismay no changes whatsoever. 

Today will be Derek first day at his kindergarten and I want to drive him to his school so I purposely arranged my schedule so I can start later than usual.

Now that I am fully awake and got myself ready earlier than usual, I started making my way to Derek's room. I knocked on the door and announced myself before I enter his room. I found him sitting on his bed wide awake as he look outside the window. He turned his head towards me as soon he heard me entering his room. He came down from his bed by himself and enter the bathroom all while I stood frozen near his bedroom's door. I sighed loudly to myself while I wait for Derek to finish his shower since he closed the bathroom door.

 I sighed loudly to myself while I wait for Derek to finish his shower since he closed the bathroom door

I helped Derek getting ready. I made him picked his own outfit before he put it on by himself. Wow, this kid is just like his father so independent! and too serious! He must have picked it up when Damon was still around.

I hold one of his hands as we made our way down to the dining room where everyone else are. 

"Morning Ashton! Morning Derek!" greeting after greeting came from everyone. Again, Derek simply nodded his head before I placed him into his high chair. 

We eventually had our breakfast and bid our goodbye before we made our way to his school. 

"Derek, I hope you will have fun today. Make sure to make lots of friends. Oh sorry, forget I said that. As long you have one good friend at your new school is all that matter! Okay?" I look at my rear-view mirror to see his response only to see him nodded as he look outside his window. 

I guess a nod is better than nothing from Derek.

We have finally arrived at the school. I parked my car and got Derek out of his booster seat. I hold onto his right hand as we made our way into the school. I saw one of the teacher who was on morning duty to greet the morning arrivals of parents and students who were making their way into the school building. The teacher saw me and began to 'fix' her clothes by unbuttoning more of her shirt to show more of her cleavage and roll her skirt to show more skin.