Chapter 27

Zia Knight POV

I feel as if I am now a mother to Derek ever since we started to talk more over the phone or through skype before he sleeps or when he's on the way to school. I feel so attached and caring to this little boy that I wish I can just carry him in my arms for hours whenever I see him. Unfortunately my busy schedule has been preventing me to do that yet the simple phone call from his adorable sleepy, excited or cheery voice never fails to bring a smile onto my face.

It has been a week since the sleepover and I am missing my teddy-bear! I am thinking of asking Angelo to bring Derek to the restaurant today so I can spend time with him. It's Friday anyway so maybe I can hangout with him for awhile or maybe have him for a sleepover again. Yeah, I want that! With that I got my phone out and pressed dial at Angelo's number.

"Hello?"

"Sup? Just going to cut it to the chase here but do you think I can hangout with my teddy-bear tonight? or have him for a sleepover?" 

"Well... I think so? I'm going to run it through my brother first, Derek's god-father. It should be fine but I can't say for certain until I let him know and see what he'll say. I will call you as soon I find out." 

"YES! do that and I will make you suffer less when you're in my presence." he chuckled before he continued.

"Sure. Cheers in advance?" now it's my turn to chuckle. I bid him a quick thanks and goodbye before I continue with my cooking. I have recently come back from LA from visiting my other restaurants and cafe. It has been an exhausting couple of days with sudden visits and inspections on my other restaurants, reviewing the application list for the cooks and chefs since that's more of kind of thing to do, and then I have been thinking of making new dishes to update the menus on some of the restaurants. Of course I get my chefs and cooks to think of new addition to the menu but since it's my passion I want to be involved in this too.

My trail of thoughts was disturbed by the ringing sound of my phone. I look down and found it to be from an unknown number. Okay, here's the thing I usually don't pick up unknown caller but because I have been busy and hiring more people whilst networking I have no choice to pick this up and find out the identity of this caller.

"Hello, It's Zia speaking. How are you?" I asked politely in my business tone.

"Hello, it's Ashton here speaking, I am Derek's god-father and Angelo's older brother. I am good by the way and thanks for asking. How are you?" wow can I just say this very quickly 'What a sexy voice does this man have?!" okay, that's all thanks... wait let me just fan my face that's currently heating up!... DONE...Anyway, why is he calling? 

"Oh hello, I am fine thanks. How may I help you?" the confusion I have may have sipped in my question and I guess he picked that up.

"Actually, Angelo rang me earlier to inform me about you wanting to spend some time with Derek tonight or possibly have a sleepover. I just want to let you know that it would be fine and, will you be picking him up from his school?" Oh, nice! score! 

"Yes! thank you so much for letting me meet the little guy. I do not mind to get him off the school today I will inform Angelo after this call then."

"Oh no you don't have to do that Zia! I will let Angelo know but I just want to let you know that I will be picking him up from your place on Sunday evening, is that okay with you?" a shiver ran through me as he uttered my name. Oh the way he said my name  is... Wait! what's going on with me? Breathe in....more...hold...release...discreetly, okay I'm good. 

"Thanks and yeah sure, I will text you my address but your number is under private caller at this moment so, I will just text my address to Angelo now and you can get it off him." Oh Good sweet desert fairies helped! I just don't want to sound so desperate over the phone