Chapter 15

Zia Knight POV

"Where is my baby Lucas?" I asked as soon I see Lucas's slump body figure with a sad expression on his face. As soon he heard his name he looked up to find me grinning toothily at him.

Lucas ran up to me with tears falling down his cheek. He spreaded his arms and I picked him up, and spinned him around in my arms until he finally let out his laughter. Once I got a bit dizzy I hug him tightly and place kisses all over his face before I blew raspberry to his cheek. I tickled his tummy to have him laugh once again. I put him down so he can stand on his feet while I squat down so I can be on his eye-level. 

"Where have you been Zizi? I missed you" he pout his bottom lip cutely.

"Ow, my baby. I am so sorry I have been busy that I actually fell sick. I forgot to eat and drink my milk so then I lost all of my strength and energy and actually pass out." I shook my head and flail my arms around to exaggerate my story for him.

"Oh no! You should always remember to eat and drink milk. Mama always got mad at me if I don't eat or drink my milk." he reprimanded me. Ow, my baby is so adorable. I nodded my head with a quiet 'sorry' before I feel him patting my head as if to say he forgives me. 

We both started to laugh until I pick him back up and carry him on my hips. "say baby do you want to accompany me for grocery shopping and dinner with me perhaps?" I asked him as we make our way to Avery.

"Yes! Let's go! I want to spend some time with you Zizi. Let's go have dinner too!" Avery heard Lucas's exciting voice and shook her head at us since she saw me grinning cheekily at her. She kisses Lucas's cheek before we made our way to my G-wagon. 

I placed Lucas into his booster seat that I always leave in my G-wagon nowadays. I buckled him in and quickly enter my car and buckle myself securely before we made our way to the nearest grocery store. 

After parking my car I went and got Lucas out of his booster sit. I carried him on my hips and bounce him a bit until I place him into the trolley. 

"I don't want to sit in the trolley please Zizi" he showed me his puppy-dog eyes but I slapped my hand over my eyes quickly.

"Nope, not this time baby. I don't want to lose in this big store beside I want you talk to me while we shop. I haven't heard from you about your school, Derek and you got to tell me why you didn't bring anymore sweets for lunch when I wasn't around. Please?"

I didn't hear his reply after I waited for a good 10 seconds. I sighed loudly before I move my hand to look at him who was furrowing his eyebrows as he purse his lips. "How about I promise to buy you delicious desert after our dinner? it's been awhile right" I tapped his nose with my index finger earning me his wide toothy smile. I laugh and we begin our grocery shopping. 

Lucas was telling me about his school about his upcoming kindergarten excursion to the zoo and the school's break. I told Lucas about sleeping over at my place at night when I miss him, even though it was to help Avery whenever she has dinner date with Angelo but I will keep it quiet for now. 

"Derek has been missing you too not only your desert you know" Lucas said when I asked him about Derek.

"Really? aww... I miss him too. How is he? Is he finally making more friend?" Lucas shake his head 'no' and quickly pointed his finger at the mineral water for him to drink now that he's thirsty. He was gulping the water but suddenly his eyes went open wide and he stopped his drinking but started to cough. I took the water bottle off him and put the lid back on before I patted his back gently to help him calm down his cough. 

Once he stopped coughing he pointed his index finger to something behind me. "Derek.. Derek.. Derek" he call out loudly and wave his small hands in the air excitedly.