Chapter 26

Ashton Lombardi POV

After long hours of work, a not too productive hours of work because of a certain beauty intruding my mind every few minutes and so, I am finally back at home. Now everyone including Derek and Angelo is with us having dinner. I was not surprised to see Derek with a smile on his face. Although it sadden me that I can't easily put the smile on his face, I am still glad that he is now in happy mood after weeks of his old moody self before his sleepover. 

"So Derek how was the weekend?" asked my father as he observes Derek's smiley face.

"IT WAS AWESOME!" Derek exclaimed loudly. He began to tell all of us on the table of what they did and it definitely sounded fun in my ears. I mean they get to spend the first night of their sleepover in their living under their made-up fort while eating their home-made pizzas and other snacks. Then, they went to a buy a car for Lucas's mom which for strange reason Angelo rolled his eyes when Derek mentioned that. Derek was excited to touch the steering wheel and pretend to drive the car with Lucas, and that made my parents chuckle while looking at Derek adoringly. They also had delicious grilled meat for lunch, sleepover at the museum which Derek said was magical. I was surprised to hear that he made a few friends there. But for sure, Derek enjoyed the time cooking with the beautiful angel who has been haunting my mind for the whole weekend. 

"Zizi also said I can visit her home anytime! She said to call and ask uncle Angelo whenever I want" he turned to look at Angelo to make sure he was listening and as if he was waiting for a reply from Angelo he simply nodded his head and put his two thumbs up to Derek to see. 

"Wow, she sounds like an amazing woman. I sure would love to see her" mom said. Yeah, I too would like to see her mom...or more like desperate to see her. I sigh inwardly.

"Zizi is beautiful, pretty. I love her!" everyone shock from Derek's innocent confession. Never we ever heard his saying such thing as 'love' to anyone or about anything. I see around the room and found Angelo and Angela with mouth open ajar, Dad frozen in shock, mom is tears where as I, to be honest a little hurt but I can see and understand how Derek came to love this woman.

Derek continue eating their dinner and everyone finally came out of their shock and teary state a few minutes after. 

"Hey, Derek if Angelo is busy you can always come and ask me to drive you to Zizi's place or to the restaurant with Lucas okay?" Angelo turned his head is a fast speed that I was surprised he didn't get a whiplash from it. 

"What?" Angelo said lowly with his brows creasing.

"What?"

"I will always have time thank you very much, I told you about this too today in your office!" he flail his arm in disbelief for my previous remark.

"You said for dinner with your girlfriend and Lucas not to Zizi's place" I pointed it out using my fork in my hand.

"What difference is there? I can drive him around" I shook my head before I reply.

"No, he's my god son and I haven't been hanging out with Derek lately so I want to be involved more now. End of discussion" I said in finality tone with my brow lift daring him to defy me. He sighed deeply and muttered 'whatever' lowly with an eye roll.

Dinner then proceed as usual with small talk about business. After dinner I went to take a shower for 20 minutes long. The tiring day at work and with my mind being occupied with a certain beauty most of the time I need the water to relax my tensed body and mind. 

I wore my pyjama pant and walk out of my room towards Derek's. I was about to knock on his door but I can hear Derek's voice as if he was talking to someone. but to who?

I quietly and slightly open his door to see through the small gap I made. Derek has his phone in ear talking excitingly with smiles and giggles. I couldn't decipher the conversation but it sounds to me like Derek was talking about his day at the kindy today to whoever on the other end of the phone. 

I stood still outside his room still trying to find out who he is talking too. "Okay, Zizi goodnight too." Derek said giggly. Ah, so it was her he was speaking to. I guess, now, whenever we see Derek giggling or smiling I can just conclude it was because of Zizi. I smile knowing that the beautiful angel is being love Derek already, in such a short amount of time. Well, now I am a bit jealous. I mean, I want her to pay attention to me too but again she doesn't even know me... probably AT ALL. She only knows Angelo and that's it. 

I have to figure out a way to get to know her, to talk to her, to see her more, to have her more and more, and finally have her as MINE.

With that thought in mind I made my way back to my room and lay on my bed. Closing my eyes I see her beautiful face again but this she was smiling sweetly and angelically as she stare at me lovingly. Sweet dream my angel.