Chapter 7

Ashton Lombardi POV

I am on a mission today! That is to find donut, brownies or any kind of desert that would be worthy to bring back to Derek. Sounds hilarious right? Yah, I think so too.

To be honest I never felt so much pressure with anything in my life until now. I really want to give anything to Derek at this point as long I can see him talk more and even smile if that's possible. When will that smile ever appear on his face I will never know. 

I made my way down and again quickly finish my breakfast and coffee. I bid my goodbye to everyone and place a kiss on Derek's head before I took my leave. Today I am taking my driver/bodyguard due to my schedule. There will be a long meeting at the Knight Inc. HQ in the afternoon.

The Knight Inc. is a multi-billiionaire business that I have worked together for a number of times. Their business consisted of trading and shipping services, restaurants, five-stars hotels, luxurious and economy priced airlines, tv channel, coal and oil mining, jewelry line, and major stockholder for a few car manufacturers. Meanwhile the Lombardi Global Inc. deals with electronic goods and inventions, gold mining, clothing line, interior designing, and resort and hotel. The Knight has always been far richer and successful than I but I don't see them as a threat. As a matter of fact we have been a business partner for a number of occasions including our interior designing business service for their hotel, and gold products for their jewelry lines. Likewise, the Lombardi Global Inc. have used the Knight's shipping and trading services for our resorts and hotels, mining, and even added their restaurants in our hotel. 

This afternoon however, Liam Knight the current CEO of Knight Inc., our meeting will be on a new venture of business. I have not yet heard of their proposal but I am sure it will be one that will have a high return in profits, hence why they're richer than I. 

*****

I have been working on my paperwork when my office intercom buzz and the annoying voice of my PA, Amber, came disrupting my quiet afternoon. 

"Sir, you are due for your next appointment at the Knight's in 25-minutes. Would you like me to get your driver ready downstairs?" she asked in what she thought was a seductive voice. I rolled my eyes at her multiple shitty attempts of flirting at me. 

It was a week after the death of Derek's father, Damon. I was in turmoil of emotions. There was sadness, anger, feeling of loss, stress and sexual frustration. I was in my office until late and was drinking my hard liquor and after 30-minutes the door was opened and Amber started to strip as she came closer to me. Well, I wasn't in my clear mind so why the hell not I thought and I did her. I fuck her hard and multiple times before I called my driver and leave the office. The next day she started to flirt at me at any chance she get. I guess since I have to look after Derek and can't leave him alone for too long I thought I can use her for release but now I'm sick of doing her. It's the same hole and I'm tired of it already. 

Going back to reality I realised Amber is still waiting for my reply.

"Yes, I will be down within 5-minutes. You don't have to come." I ended the intercom and immediately get myself ready before I made my way down.

I walked out of my office and straight to the elevator while I wait for the elevator door to open up I ignore the intense stare I can feel coming from Amber. Now that I live with the fam I can return to my one night stand life right? Derek won't be alone at home anymore anyway.

The whole time I was in the elevator and throughout the car ride to the Knight's building I was still contemplating on my earlier thought. 

Should I go back to how I used to my previous pick-fuck-dump chick to handle my sexual need?