Chapter 10

Zia Knight POV

"Hey Zizi, I have to leave and meet up with the supplier today to talk about the arrangements for extra delivery for seasonal holidays. Do you mind to pick up Lucas for me today?" 

"How are you even going to get there? Have you bought a car yet?"

"Err.. no. I was behind rent so I had used my pay and the remaining for bills, food and new clothes for Lucas and I."she wince as she said this. 

"Then... okay, just take my car I will get my driver to pick me up and take me to Lucas and back to here. Don't worry about it" I smiled at her and quickly turn her around and push her towards the staff room so I can pass on my car key to her.

"Are you sure?" I rolled my eyes at her croaky voice.

"You need to stop acting like this. I'm your friend... no, scratch that, i'm YOUR BESTFRIEND, you just need to start to accept when I decide to help you out now and then. Stop thinking too much and just accept it woman. I'm not like those people you used to call friend." I scoffed remembering how pissed I am of how her friends changed their attitude when her ex- walked out on her as soon he found out Avery's pregnant state.

Avery nodded and thanked me non-stop until she finally rushed herself out of the restaurant. I called my driver to come and pick me up after 4 p.m so we can be on time to pick up Lucas. I look down at my attire. This should be fine just for picking up Lucas from kindy right?

 This should be fine just for picking up Lucas from kindy right?

Meh, it should be fine It won't take long anyway. I resume to busy myself around the cafe until the clock hits 4 p.m. 

My driver drove us to Lucas's school and the bell rang as soon we arrived. I hurried myself out and waited near the door for Lucas. Then, 5-minutes later I saw Lucas talking to a little boy with a raven black hair and grey eyes that fit the description of Derek. Oh, the two of them will be such a heartbreaker if they stay friend like this. 

I mean even some of the little girls were giggling as they walk past them. The two have good genes and once again I thank God for how much Lucas look like his mother than his sperm donor. Yeah he doesn't deserved to be called a father NOPE!

I waved at Lucas exaggeratedly while I stick my tongue out just so I can look funny when I greet him. Honestly, I wanted to embarass him by doing this but I don't think he will get embarrass he would most likely copy me. I swear I'm just like a five-year old when Lucas is around. 

Lucas finally saw me and stopped at his track. His friend stopped as well staring at him probably confuse to why he has stopped walking. Derek then decided to look at what got Lucas's attention and saw me waving my hands, cross-eyed and my tongue out really like a crazy person. They were gawking for a solid two minutes until Lucas laugh out loud and Derek follows. Lucas begin to run towards me with his arms spread out and still laughing. Derek too was running and laughing but without his arms spread wide.