Chapter 45

Ashton Lombardi POV

Jealous is the emotion I am currently suffering from. Furious is the emotion I am currently suffering from. I don't even know how to calm the storm brewing me but all I know is I need her next to me, to calm me down, to tell me everything is okay, to tell me nothing is between us... and it's just us.

BUT WHY? WHY IS SHE NOT HERE WITH ME? WHY IS SHE WITH SOMEONE ELSE OTHER THAN ME? WHY IS NOT CALLING TO EXPLAIN HERSELF?

I knew it was a bad idea to leave to Paris the day after we just made us official and after we made love. I knew I should have called her instead of text messaging her. I knew I should have called her as soon I arrived, I knew I should have become one of those love sick puppy boyfriend who text and call their girlfriend every 5-minutes so both of us don't feel lonely. 

I knew I should have called when I arrived back, but I wanted to finish all of the important meetings make a surprise at her workplace. 

Yet, look at this now, how the table has turned. She surprised me instead. 

And, as soon Angelo mentioned she was hanging out with the Lucianos I couldn't believe him. First, we know that they hardly makes appearance to the public eyes. Second, why would they be hanging out with my Angel? what would be their relationship? But now I know.

My Angel, Zia Knight, is none other than a billionaire's daughter. Not just staff but owner of the family restaurant but multiple other ones, cafes and the new established catering business. Now, she's also the business partner for our billion dollar cruising project. 

But still, they were so close to each other. Too close for my liking especially that Damon Luciano. When I stepped into the office I couldn't believe my eyes. They were just hugging; his arms was hugging her and she too has her arms around his waist. 

Why Angel why? I thought our love was real? I thought you love me?

I didn't know it would hurt this much. I didn't know this would pain me? I didn't know my Angel can hurt me like this?

I was brought out my dark thought from a knock on my office door. Angelo walked in slowly as he noticed the brooding vibe coming out of me.

"Hey, just want to ask about the meeting at the Knights" he asked softly as he slowly sat himself down opposite to me.

"She was there.." I mumble as I look outside my window blankly. 

"Who?" I turned to Angelo and stare. He must not know, he must have not known Zia is one of the Knights children. One of the billionaire's daughter, a billionaire's chef. 

"Does your girlfriend know?" 

"Okay, I'm lost. What are we talking about? or who are we talking about? Why are we bringing my girlfriend into this conversation?" he tilted his head to show his confusion. I rubbed my face roughly in frustration. I slammed my office table which made him jumped a little on his seat. 

"ZIA! ZIA KNIGHT! SHE'S A KNIGHT, ANGELO. SHE'S A KNIGHT! SHE'S LIAM'S KNIGHT DAUGHTER! " I stood up and started to pace around my table. 

"Woah... the fuc.." I cut him off, trying to get everything out all at once. 

"I mean, I wanted to surprise her after all of the meeting today with a huge bouquet of flower and take her out for a candle light dinner but no.. the surprised was on me. SHE was at the meeting. Liam introduced everyone, all of the business partner for the project and she was one of them and GUESS WHAT!!" I didn't for him to reply and just continue.

"I walked in to see her hugging one of the Lucianos brothers, Damon specifically. They were too close, hugging and kissing cheeks. I mean how could she? We just made us official. I asked her the day before I had to leave Paris and it was mutual so why was she doing this behind my back.. Why is she ch..."

"Okay I'm going to cut you off there. You. do. not. want. to. finish. that. sentence!!" Angelo pointed out. 

"We don't know exactly what their 'relationship' is to each other so do not jump into conclusion brother. Take a deep breath and calm down. You know Zia and I know Zia, we know how innocent and kindhearted she is. I see it, you see it, my girlfriend sees it, her child sees it,  and DEREK sees it. So get that stupid thought of yours out of your head, because she's an Angel like what you have been calling her." Angelo said sternly before he stood up.

"I was informed by Derek that she's staying over with her so we can ask him for more details if you want. But if I was you, I would trust love over doubts trust me brother." he said before he make his way out but turned around before he stepped out of my office. 

"If I were you, I would wait patiently and trust on her in the meantime. Brother, if she mean something to you then you will wait. If she mean a lot to you, you would fight for her for the relationship. Also, if she means everything to you, then you wouldn't let anything to come between you and the love you two have for each other. I didn't believe in love but I'm all for it now thanks to my Avery and her sweet boy. Take care brother".

I slumped myself to the sofa in my office to think of everything Angelo has said just now.

I know she means something to me because I love her. 

I know she means a lot to me because I love her.

I know she means everything to me because I love her. 

I love her...

I LOVE HER...I LOVE HER, I LOVE HER, I LOVE HER, I LOVE HER, I LOVE HER ... I LOVE HER.

With that, I took my phone from my pocket and typed a message to her. 

'Angel, I love you. I miss you. I know we haven't talk since I have to go for my business trip and I hope we will see each other soon. It's killing me that we were acting like we were stranger today. Please Angel, I want to hear your voice. Call me... I know you must be mad at me and I disappointed you but please I don't want to lose 'us' , I want 'us', I want this my love. Please...I'm giving you space and time, but I am not much of a patient man. If I have to I will chase you even to the end of this world. I will not let anything comes between us. I love you, Ashton.'

yes, nothing will come between us. NOTHING. 

NOT EVEN A GUN IN MY FACE will come between us.. between our love. 

I guess I will just have to wait. The truth will come out soon, whatever it is. 

I, Ashton Lombardi, will not let my love go. 

Zia Knight, YOU ARE MINE

MINE TO HAVE, MINE TO KEEP, MINE FOREVER. NOTHING AND NO ONE WILL  TAKE YOU AWAY FROM ME. 

*******

A/N: This chapter is short because it's just a filler and, I thought it's been awhile since we heard anything from his side of the story. So let's be fair, huh?

VOTE | FOLLOW | COMMENT