Chapter 8

Ashton Lombardi POV

"Morning Derek! Morning everyone!" I kissed Derek on his head before I proceed to plate my breakfast and be seated opposite to Derek.

I look at Derek and see a light smile planted on his face. From that alone my morning is off in a good start.

"So Derek, will you be taking any of your sweets to school today?" my mom asked Derek and he replied with a vigorous nod.

"Are you going to bring only one, two or ...?" mom continued to ask. Derek simply lifted his index and middle fingers up to show that he wants to bring two sweets to school today.

"Why two?" asked Angelo.

"Lucas" Ah, he wants to share it with the boy who have been bringing him sweets to school since his first day.

"Ah, I see you want to share with your friend. Which ones will you be bringing to school then?" Derek took his time to think of the sweets he wants to bring and share. He finally answer but with a wider smile on his face this time.

"COOKIES!" Derek shouted excitedly making everyone to smile or laugh at his excitement.

Mom went away to the kitchen to pack the cookies and his lunch box for Derek to bring to school today. I think I may have enough time to drop him off to school but not to pick him up.

"Angelo, I can drop him off today but do you think you can pick him up after school?" 

"Sure" I nodded my head with a 'thanks' before I pack my stuffs and got Derek clean up so we can be on our way. 

After a 20-minutes drive we have finally arrived. I walked Derek off to his class before I heard Derek's name being called out loudly from behind us. I looked back and found Lucas running towards us excitedly. I chuckled but only for a second because I am now in state of shock from seeing Derek's small figure running towards Lucas with his arms spread wide. 

I thought for sure that they would run to each other and made them both fall to the ground but instead they slowed down and went to hug each other. They were giggling while they were hugging as they jump in a circle. WOW! Derek can be a normal five-year old kid afterall.

I stood in my spot watching them amusedly. They finally stopped their adorable moment and hold each other hand as they make their way towards me. It seems that I have been forgotten by little Derek. That kinda hurt, to be forgotten and he's only five. Great now I sounds like a real parent!

"Derek I'm going now" Derek soon turned his head and walked towards me before he gave me a hug. He smiled and nodded his head before he went back to Lucas who was waving at me with a smile of his own. 

These two will be troublemakers for sure. 

I made my way to my car and drove myself to my office. I need to remind myself to ask Zachary where he got the sweets before I forgot. Just in case Derek will not be in a good mood after school today I can get Angelo to drive him to the place where he can get the sweets to cheer Derek up. 

I entered my office floor to be greeted by Amber who once again was wearing tight blouse that emphasis her round fake breasts and short skirts to show off more of her skin. I sighed and cringed at her internally. Not wanting to ruin my good morning I simply ignored her greeting and made my way into my office room. 

I quickly arranged my table and my briefcase contents for today's work. Remembering to contact Zachary, I quickly took my phone out of my pants pocket and scroll to Zachary's number. I press the call button and waited for three rings before he picked up the call.