Chapter 20

Zia Knight POV

"Hello?" I picked up the phone without checking the called ID.

"Hey Zizi. How are you?" said Avery through the phone.

"Good, yourself?" 

"I'm good. Just wondering if you are coming to the restaurant somewhen this week?" I look at the pile of work in front of me trying to figure out if it's possible to spare sometime at the restaurant. I look over to Daniella to see her busy answering email and piling up paperworks probably for me to look at. I groaned quietly before I answer Avery.

"Sorry Ava i'm drown in work right now. What's wrong?" I closed my eyes to release some tension in my eyes while I wait for Avery, who now I call Ava for short, to continue.

"Oh I see. Well, there's a sweet little boy who actually has been asking for you. He is so sad because he misses you and wishes to see you soon."

"Lucas?"

'Nope!" she popped the 'p' sound. 

"Okay, who else would it be then?" beside Lucas there is only one other boy that I know of... could it be? "Wait you mean Derek?" I asked in disbelief.

"Yup" again she popped the 'p' sound.

"Oh no! that sweet boy. Is he okay?" I asked really in worried now. My eyes is no longer close but rather looking outside window. I heard Avery sigh that sounded like it's not a good one.

"Well, if you must know, he look so sad. Angelo actually has been telling me how he misses you so much that he hasn't let go of your jacket" WOW, that poor boy now I'm missing him too.

"Oh no! what should I do then?"

"Well, actually I'm just going to be honest since I hate lying but do you think you can have Lucas and Derek with you for a sleepover at your place next weekend?" 

Huh? why next weekend? I look down to my computer calendar and AH! gotcha! Alright cue the evil smirk Zia.

"Ohh... is someone getting lucky on her birthday?" I said teasingly and wiggling my eyebrows even though she won't be able to see me. Avery groaned and mumble string of profanities over the phone which made me laugh at her.

"Shut up! I don't know but he said he want to take me out for the night. So can you? pretty please?" I guess I should help her in this and I promise her too. Plus, I got to spend it with my two babies. 

"Sure. I can also pick them up from school on Friday and drop them to school on Monday. Sounds good?"

"YES! YOU'RE AMAZING! THANKS ZIZI! I will let Angelo know. Thank you, thank you! LOVE YOU, I GOTTA GO. BYE!" I shook my head in amusement. 

Ah, I should probably get her a birthday present. I guess I will have to get Lucas's help with me to get it, well Derek too I guess.  I already have one in mind but I want Lucas to somehow be involve in picking it with me. 

"Daniella, do you think I can take Friday to Sunday off? I have two little angels coming for a sleepover" I said with a smile feeling excited to have the boys coming to spend time with me.

"Of course you can honey. Oh, those little angels would be so lucky to spend time here with you!" 

'Why is that?" I asked curiously.

"Are you serious? you will probably spoil them with your cooking especially with your sweets too! Oh I bet you three will be having a fun time cooking together!" she gushes. It's true I was thinking of making them join me making some easy dessert. I sure hope they don't mind it though.