Chapter 52

24 hours ago

Zia Knight POV

The countdown begins and the waiting game has begun. Damon and Damien have tighten their security around the family and the little ones. I'm scared... no TERRIFIED. I do not know what the future awaits but for now I have to trust them and Rose fully. 

'Sorellina, it's time for you to go and meet that in-laws of yours!" shouted Damien cheekily. I gave him the middle finger for teasing me for the past few days, knowing that I'm nervous and feeling guilty at the same time.

Nervous that my one and only relationship is going far and deeper than I even expected, and guilty that I am putting Derek in danger with everything that is involving the mafia. 

"Yeah, don't worry we have someone staying on guard for you. Whoever trying to get you won't even notice." Damon added sinisterly.

I sighed out deeply. What has my life become...

"Mademoiselle, the car is ready" a man with a heavy french accent said from the door.

I look around surprised to find someone new staring at me with, danger vibe is seeping out of him. I would have flee with my tail between legs if it wasn't for the nature of my extended family. 

"KJ at your service ma'am" I only nodded briefly at him before I turned around to look at the twins who are looking at the man pointedly before they shift their attention back to me

"He'll be your driver and bodyguard from now on. Don't worry, they wouldn't think he's associated with us because of the heavy french accent. But, let's just say we're tight with the French mafia now." said the Damon with a smug look while Damien with a proud smirk attached on his face.

"Whatever, I'm going to pack up the food and leave now." I said before I turned around and looking at them pointedly. 

"Make sure to keep a look out at the little ones. They're the priority!" I said with finality in my tone before I carry my goodies out. 

I have made a few dishes for this lunch which included Seafood couscous, Sicilian arancini, Stuffed  squid sicilian style, and Sardine gratin.