Chapter 11

Zia Knight POV

Lucas, Derek and I arrived back to the restaurant after 20-minutes drive. The two boys were talking excitedly throughout the drive. Derek was sitting on my lap comfortably. He was leaning his back onto me and I couldn't help but to brush his hair with my fingers. I could have sworn I heard him sighing in content as I keep brushing his hair but I could be wrong.

As soon we arrived I took a hold of each of their hand again. This time I brought them to the kids corner where the coloring table are but I told them to do their homework while I make them something special. 

"It's to celebrate Derek's first time coming here that's why it has to be special. If you guys can finish up your homework, I will make some extra for you two to bring back home. How's that?" they nodded their head quickly and grinning widely at me. 

"Okay, so I'm going to the kitchen now and if you finish your homework before I get back just play here okay. But remember this, I don't want to leave this area or the restaurant. I will have my friends that work here to look after you guys while I'm in there okay? Lucas can you look after Derek for me? and Derek can you look after Lucas?" they nodded stiffly adding with a mock salute. I chuckled and kissed each of their head before I walked to the kitchen.

After one hour I have finished from making 15 peanut butter chocolate lava cakes. I have plated one for each of us and one for each of them to take home; the rest will be sold in the restaurant. 

Once I finish plating them still a bit steamy but topped with homemade vanila ice-cream and drizzled with caramel and chocolate syrup. I placed them onto an empty table near the kids corner carefully. I brought along a glass of mango and passionfruit and watermelon and strawberry smoothie for them to have.

"Derek, Lucas let's eat" I call out for them since they were playing at the million balls pit with the other kids

"Derek, Lucas let's eat" I call out for them since they were playing at the million balls pit with the other kids. They look up at the sound of my voice and began to race towards me. "Don't run. If you run I run away from you two." they stop at that and approach me with their fast walk. 

They took a seat next to each other and look at the contents on the table. 

"Wow. This look yummy Zizi!" said Lucas. I waited for Derek to comment on it but he was gawking intensely at the lava cake in front of him. A chuckle escaped from my lips but it gained Derek attention to me now. 

"Go ahead and eat but be careful it's still hot. So what you need to do is to scoop the cake with a little bit of ice-cream on your spoon and eat them together. If it's too hot just drink your smoothie, okay?" they were admiring the food after I explain it to them. So I took the matter into my own hand and began to take a spoon of the cake and the ice-cream into my mouth. 

The two boys were watching my every move very closely even when I was chewing the cake. It looks to me like they were waiting for me to make a comment. I guess I had to then. "Uhmmm... this is so delicious, warm and sweet! OMG... I'm going to probably finish this fast. If you two don't start eating I will take yours as soon I finish mine!" I mock threatened them but it seems like they're taking it seriously since they began to start eating as soon the words came out of my mouth.