Chapter 13

Zia Knight POV

The weekend has arrived and I am kind of dreading it. Today's lunch will be all four of us Mom, Dad, Zach and I. I wouldn't be so worry if it wasn't for mom's words last night when I finally had the guts to call her.

"YOU young lady is in a big trouble! you may be able to get your way out of this with your father and brother but not me. Make me something amazing and that MAY be able to change my mind if not well.. let's say it will be unpleasant"

Yeah she emphasised on the word 'you' and 'may' then ended with an evil laughter. Seriously,  she may be my biological mother but her evil laugh is like an evil step-mother!!

So here I am, early in the morning in my kitchen making a tiramisu cake and some nutella donuts for my father and Zach. After this I got to think of something to make for mom. I know she's not much into deserts and sweets like us three. She is very much into main-meal kind of food. Dad told me that she has been craving to go to Italy maybe I should look up some Italian dishes. Talk about Italy, I have this feeling that if I don't make an 'amazing' meal she would probably make me take some time off work and accompany her there. Yeah, no... damn that actually make me shiver a bit. 

Over the one hour of making tiramisu and the donuts I decided on making two things, in case one doesn't do the justice for her

I have decided to make a 'Beef Lasagna' with an Italian Recipe I received from my old friend in culinary school. She's a well-known Italian Chef with two restaurants of her own now. I am sure this recipe with a little tweak of my own can help me create a masterpiece for mom. 

The other one that I have decided to make is a creamy Coconut Panna Cotta with mango jelly cubes, pistachios and pomeganate but I will have passionfruit syrup drizzled inside the glass

The other one that I have decided to make is a creamy Coconut Panna Cotta with mango jelly cubes, pistachios and pomeganate but I will have passionfruit syrup drizzled inside the glass. This should be good enough for her right? I will just make a batch of it in case one isn't enough for her. Oh man, I am so desperate to get away from her wrath or evil plans. 

After another two hours I have finally finished my cooking task. I looked over the time and relieded to see that I have another hour and a half to get ready and drive my way there.