Chapter 14

Zia Knight POV

It's Sunday and I thought of being productive rather than spending it lazily. I spent the whole day in my office to do some paperwork, reply email, and review the monthly business report for each of my restaurants and cafes. By lunch time I managed to reply to all emails and review and email necessary feedback on every restaurant and cafe's monthly report to the manager and head manager. 

I was hungry so I had to stop for lunch but decided to head to the restaurant so I can also see how the restaurant is going. So I decided to head to my room and changed from my comfortable clothes to a black shorts and light-blue crop top with black leather jacket. I curl my the end of my hair and put a light make up with a soft-pink mate lipstick. I wear my black ankle boot and pleased with how I look in my full-length mirror.

 I wear my black ankle boot and pleased with how I look in my full-length mirror

After 20-minutes drive I finally arrived at the restaurant. I walked in and Avery was already walking towards me. We hug and she direct me to an empty table. I told her to join me for lunch and so she grabbed Lucas to join us for lunch as well.

"My baby!" I hugged Lucas tightly before I began to kiss him all over his face. His giggle was my highlight of the day. 

I went into the kitchen real quick to meet the head chef, Miguel, and he greeted me warmly. I asked him to make me a bowl of 'Banana Beignet' but instead of the Bourbon caramel sauce I asked for chocolate sauce instead. He smiled widely and was excited to grant my request since this dish is one of his specialties. Then back onto the table I asked for the Chef's special 'Tuna Casserole with Dill and Potato Chips' and garlic bread as appetizer. 

Throughout lunch I told Avery about my upcoming busy schedule and potentially less availability to help around the restaurant. I told her that I am about to open two catering business from small to corporate events and for the cruises. I thought to make only one but since the cruise will be in Europe I thought of hiring people not only from America but also foreigners especially European so to make things easier HR wise. 

Avery understood and will get extra help for waiting staff and kitchen hand. After appetizer and main meal my banana beignet finally arrived handed by Miguel himself. I told him to join us for a few minutes to enjoy the desert together. He smirk at me before he took a fork out of his apron's pocket and stabbed on one of the banana beignet and dip it into the chocolate sauce. Avery and I laughed out loud at him. After 5-minutes Miguel left us to go back to his duty while Avery, Lucas and I enjoy the rest of the desert. 

"That was so delicious. I love it!" exclaimed Avery, and Lucas joined his mother by clapping his small hands and jumped up-down screaming 'yeah'. I chuckled at the mother-son duo who was still gushing at the desert. 

Everytime I watch the mother-son sweet interaction and relationship it makes me crave for my own family. I know that I am probably too young but I am only two years younger than Avery but she already has a family minus the man-figure but hey she's getting there with Derek's uncle. That reminded me I still need to ask and maybe tease her more about him.