Chapter 12

Ashton Lombardi POV

I managed to end my work early and got back at 7 p.m. I looked around for Derek downstairs and upstairs in his room but I still couldn't find him. I began to panic a bit before I ran to the kitchen to ask my mom for his whereabouts.

"He went with his friend Lucas afterschool since Angelo had a meeting that went longer than he expected." mom explained as if she was talking about the weather. 

I, on the other hand, was a bit furious to why Angelo did not inform me about this. I could have rearrange my meeting to pick up Derek if only he call me and ask. I heard the sound of the front door open and close along with light jogging steps. As if on cue Derek came into the kitchen where I have been standing since I arrived home and then got lost in my train of thought.

"Hey Derek. How was kindy?" I greeted him with a small smile trying to not show him any sign of the anger I have right now on Angelo.

To my surprise Derek smiled and nodded before he hug me on my leg. He then lifted his hand that was carrying a take away box. I lifted a brow and show him my confuse look but Derek simply push the box closer to me. 

"What do you want me to do with this Derek?" I asked him softly now that I have squat down so we can be eye level.

"For you. It's yummy!" he said before he ran back leaving the kitchen and up the stairs.

"He is such a sweetheart that boy" mom said with a gentle smile on her face. I nodded to her absentmindedly. I do not know what to do with the box but I decided to eat it after dinner later in front of Derek. Maybe we can share just in case he wants to have a bite or more. I mean it is a pretty big deal right for him to share his sweets when he really love them?

My thought was interrupted when I saw the person who was walking into the kitchen, Angelo. Before he was able to open the fridge door I pull back the collar of his shirt roughly. Angelo was about to shout at whoever was manhandling him but as soon his eyes found my raging one he closed his mouth and avoid any eye contact with me.

"Explain" he knows that I speak less when I am too stress out or furious.

"umm... I had a meeting and it was an important one. I was about to send my driver to pick up Derek when his number was showing on my phone screen. Long story short his friend was inviting him to hang out with him and since it was in a public restaurant and Derek's phone GPS was on the entire time I didn't think I should call you. Sorry!" I stay silent processing his words. I mean yes sure they were in public area and his GPS was on the whole time but what if something happened... something else still could have happened right?

As if he took my silence as my way to say it's okay Angelo continue to talk. "And I met Lucas and his beautiful mama again. OH GOOD LORD she was looking hot with her business attire. It turns out she works at the restaurant where Derek and Lucas been at since after school. And we exchanged numbers. She is so single bro..... oh damn... she is just so... yeah... it's so hard to describe this feeling" 

Angelo continue gushing on his crush like a teenage boy. I blinked my eyes multiple times because I have never heard him talk or seen him this way when crushing on a girl. I looked back to find mom also sporting a shocking look on her face. I mean, yeah I'm shock, but I am more curious and confuse than shock right now. 

I had enough of hearing Angelo lovesick puppy talk so I shook my head and quietly leave the kitchen. He didn't even notice me leaving, he was just talking to himself right now since mom have had enough of it too. 

After dinner I decided to spend my night together with Derek by watching some movies. I asked Derek about it and he nodded his head excitedly. I told him to pick up two movies while I prepare us some drinks and snacks. I also took out the box that Derek gave to me earlier when he arrived home. 

I came back to the home theater and found Derek sitting on one of the long leather couch waiting for me. I placed the drinks, snacks and his sweet onto the table in front of us. I saw the movie he chose and found Transformers 1 & 2. I started the movie and pour our drinks onto our plastic cups. I opened the box to Derek's sweet and found what looks to be a chocolate cake in it.

"Is this chocolate cake Derek?" he simply nodded his head but his eyes now shifted to me then the cake and back to me again.

I hesitantly bring my spoon down to the cake and surprised when I found some melted filling in it. "Ah, lava cake" I smiled at Derek. I scooped out the cake with some of the oozed out filling and straight into my mouth. 

The sweet and slight salty flavors erupted in my mouth. I couldn't help but to let out a moan in approval to the taste. I was so surprised of how delicious this lava cake is. I fluttered open my eyes, slowly, I didn't even know that they were close to begin with. I found Derek with a smirk? wow... this kid seems to be full of surprise lately. 

I scooped another spoonful into my mouth before I scooped one for Derek. We started to share the lava cake until it was all gone. It was hella of a good lava cake; it was the best one I have ever tasted in my life if I may add. 

Derek and I continue watching our movies not caring about the amount of foods and drinks we're consuming as well as the time. Knowing that it's the weekend tomorrow I have nothing to worry about anyway if I sleep late. In the end Derek and I fell asleep in the theater room in the middle of the third transformers movie. That night I had a dream that bumbblebee was Derek all along. Nightmare I'm telling you!