Chapter 34

Zia Knight

The days flew by, the new month rolled in. Life has been good if I must say. Let me list it out:

1. The catering business has been receiving positive feedback and more clients calling for our service. Due to this I have to hire more and more staffs, but damn I am so proud of myself and relieved for the success.

2. Our restaurant is so more well known that I'm thinking of renovating the building, adding two floors with balcony. I'm envisioning the very top floor for a little more luxurious and executive style added with a bar focusing for our business customers who can have some private meeting and lunch or dinner there. On the other hand, the second and ground floor will cater for our family, students or intern and other casual customers who is there for food, relax and chat. 

3. Derek and I have been spending so much time with a couple weekend sleepovers but a lot more cooking, movies, swimming and piano time spent between us. He now has me more wrapped up in his little finger but I want to keep that a secret so he won't take advantage of it. Yet, I do want to spoil him even more. So far he still calls me mommy when there's only the two of us, but I wonder if soon he will slip out and oh boy I wonder how people going to react to it.

4. With Derek coming over more often, Ashton and I relationship also has been growing. We flirt and tease over our talk, text and call to each other. I don't know how but we seemed to just click and things just has been so natural that we feel so comfortable with each other especially our daily banter. 

Lately Ashton has been getting handsy but I for some reason liking the feel of his touch on me. He has been holding my hand, kissing my cheek and temple, hugging me whenever he has the chance or with whatever excuses he can comes up with, and a few time I even caught him sniffing my hair deeply and sighed in content. Adorable daddy-bear is what I thought.

At first I was surprised but when I look into his eyes, that shows nervousness, content and another emotion that I only see on my father's eyes whenever he's looking at my mother; Love. I was surprised and nervous too, actually that would be an understatement I was FREAKING SHOCKED AND MIND BLOWN but his touch bring the shiver and warmth to me. So, yes, I accept it and now I crave for it. 

I can't deny but say that I very much liking the attention he's been showering me with. My heartbeat always beat crazy fast whenever I hear his voice or when he's around me, or whenever I can feel his hand or lips on me.

It has been only a month knowing him yet he affects me this much. It's crazy how fast the time goes but I for sure know how much more I wish to go spend it with him, and Derek too of course. 

My phone vibrated indicating a newly received text.

Ashton: Hey Angel, I miss your food do you mind if you can make lunch for me?

I chuckled at his text. I can imagine him pouting his lips as he typed this. 

Me: You just had my cooking four days ago but sure, any request?

Ashton: Four days are too long Angel. If only I didn't have to fly out for work I would have come and see you every day, or hour if you let me. But, surprised me Angel ;)

Me: Don't be silly, but for you Sir challenged is accepted! what time do you want me to come to your office for the food?

Ashton: Sir? come on you got to think for a better nickname for me Angel. How about 2 p.m? I'm looking forward to have a taste of it

I can't help but feeling that the 'it' he was referring to was not my food but something else. All of a sudden a flash of my not-so-holy dream from last month plays a snippet with us in the kitchen. Shaking that dream away I begin to prepare for Ashton's lunch, including the chocolate cappuccino cookies which is his favorite.