Chapter 54

8 hours ago

Zia Knight POV

"Zia you need to come with us" said Zac to me with a blank face. Unsettle feeling came worming to me as if a news, unbeknowst to me, will make a huge different today...tomorrow... or for my lifetime even.

"Where are we going? and who do you mean by 'us'?" I asked as I walk right behind him same feet forward like his and same swing hands motion as well, as if I was a robot and he's my controller -- yet it's just a twins thing of course.

"Well, there's news that I suppose will ensure our winning spot" Zac simply said before he stopped in front of, i'm guessing a family or conference room by the size of it.

"she's here guys" shouted Zac all of a sudden making me jump on my spot from the unexpectation.

"Zia come, have a sit honey" said a familiar voice coming from a speaker around the room. 

I looked around the room and found the two men conferencing call to everyone and I in the room. One of the men is my dad who is looking as professional as always with his suit and by the look of the background he is currently at his home office. 

The other man is none other than the feared and respected man in our family and Rose's, Gabriel Russo Luciano. As scary as he looked and the many published stories on the media and rumours about him, he is still our sweet, overprotective and loving Nonno.

"Honey, how are you?" asked my dad with his usual sweet smile as I make my way to sit next to Rose.

"I am well Papa, how are you? and what about you, nonno? come sta?" I asked sweetly although a nauseous feeling is starting to creep again. I have been feeling this way lately, I suppose the stress is really catching up to me. Adding the change in environment, new faces, new people, change of plans and not being in routine is really putting a toll to my body and head. 

"I am well honey but you don't look so good honey. Are you sure?" said Papa with worries seeping in his soft voice. I smile at the sweet tone he always have reserved for me, not even to Zac...well to Rose too and the little ones too now. 

"Molto bene bambina butyour dad is right, you don't look so well. You look slightly pale. Did you even have anything to eat yet? Damon, Damien and Leonardo what are you men doing there not taking care of the women in our family huh? do I need to reeducate you boys?" said nonno seriously with threats ringing in his tone. 

"Non, non, non....we ate.. we all did. We had breakfast earlier together but I guess it was a couple hours ago..." said Damon. 

"Si, si, si... I guess we should ask someone to bring us refreshments" ended Damien as he swiftly make a phone call ordering someone to bring refreshment to our current location. 

"umm...ummm...umm...Sir? I...I...I will make sure this won't happen again" stammered Leonardo with his head bow down and hand scratching the back of his neck in nervousness.  

"Enough, enough... uncle and nonno don't worry we're all taking each other well here but you're right I have just realised how Zia look slighly pale at this moment. I will call our trusted family doctor to check on her. With that said, can we now go back to the matter we've discussed before our Zia came joined us. 

Should I panic with how serious and deadly silent the room is currently at right now? It's as if everyone except me knew a secret that is now about to be revealed... but what else is there that I do not know of?

"Well, honey. I just want to let you know that I know about everything that is going on including who is targeting the little ones and the luciano twins." said dad with a deadly serious look that I have never witness before.