Chapter 6

Zia Knight POV

Lately two critiques has been coming to the restaurant for the past week. Thankfully all we get were positive feedback from them but as much I love to hear their feedback written on the paper, I can't help but feeling tired already with what's to come. I can already see what will happen in the next coming month. Just like my other restaurants and cafe, the critiques will publish their review onto the magazine they are in contract with or online blog. Then, more customers will come and potentially media will come and seek for the owner, aka ME, for an interview. 

I groaned out loud at this. Avery raised her eyebrows in question to what got me in the foul mood already. I sigh before I told her of what I thought earlier.

"ugh... I know what you mean but well you can always have me to represent you, then again you got to train me first to what or how I should respond to their questions. You know, the drills." I rolled my eyes at her before I cross my arms on my chest.

"Yes, I will have you be the representative and speak on my behalf. I'm only a cook/waitress/ sub-manager." I nodded my head to myself.

"I don't see any problem with that." I sighed in relief knowing now I have less think to worry about.

"Good to know. Oh anyway, I have to leave for a bit in the afternoon to deliver some deserts to my brother. He's a sweet-tooth just like me and he has to sit for a long meeting today so dad and Zach requested for some deserts from here. You can manage right boss?" I wiggle my eyebrows jokingly at her. She slapped my bump in return before she said 'yes' as she ran away from me. That hurt!

"Watch your butt Avery, I will get you back for sure!" I said out loud from the kitchen as I continue making the deserts that I will be bringing to the Knight HQ today. Well, I can get their favorites which is tiramisu cake and nutella donuts. I can add few other random deserts maybe chocolate-chip cookies, brownies and oh today's desert from the display was running out so I can make extra batch to resupply it four flavors macarons. 

The customers seem to love the macarons which I did not expect at all. Yeah, I was craving it so I accidentally made too much and in the end I made extra for the display window at the cafe. It turn out to be a big sell. The macarons I made consisted of four different buttercream filling flavor which are cocoa, strawberry jam, lemon zest and pistachio. All four flavor have been sold out twice and almost thrice now. Wow, who ever knew my macarons can be a big sell huh?

With that thought in mind I quickly complete my task on hand as I hummed to Spanish songs that have been stuck in my head since last night, call me crazy but when you have photographic memory things tend to stuck in your head pretty easily.

*****

I have asked one of the cooks to help me packed all the desert that I am taking to the Knight HQ neatly and carefully. In the meantime I went back to my condo for a quick shower since I have been spending my time in the kitchen, sweating from all the baking I did.

 In the meantime I went back to my condo for a quick shower since I have been spending my time in the kitchen, sweating from all the baking I did