in Jamaica NY

( Curtis pov) 

After the phone call with Marshall.

I was really worried about him. 

What did he do. 

Why dose he think I will hate him. 

doesn't he know haw much I love him. 

I walk back in to nan's hospital room. 

" Curtis dear you look upset. What's the matter" she asks as I sat down beside her bed. 

It was just me and her in the room now. 

" um well you know I was telling you I was seeing someone." 

" you didn't tell me much about her" 

" it not a her nan it's. I'm dating Marshall." I say. taking a deep breath I never thought I was gay. But I guess that was me coming out to my nan.

I was wondering what she is thank about me. 

"Marshall that rings a bell.. is he one of you friend that you ran around white when you was a kid. You know tall skinny long face light skin." She asked.

" no nan Marshall is you know Marshall.. eminem"

" o you dating a white guy. good for you hun he's a good looking man I'll give you that" she smiled at me brightly.

" nan you just skipped the the fact I just told you I'm I love whit a another man I fort you would be upset" 

" why would I be upset if you are in love whit a another man. Then that's fine. And don't you let everyone tell you that it wrong" she said laying here hand on mine.

" thanks that means a lot to me..... And when you and him are better I'll bring him here so you can meat the real Marshall." I smile at her.

" is he not filling well is that why he's not here?" 

" umm kind of" 

" what do you mean kind of? Does he have a cold?" 

" I wish it was that easy" I mumble 

" what happened? .... is this why you are so upset?" 

" yeah I love him so much and to see him this way it hurt you know" 

" this way what do you mean by that?" She asked moving closer to me. 

"He.... Shit nan I don't haw to tell you this. I don't want you to think he.... " 

Am I ashamed of what Marshall did. 

No I love him. It just hurts what he did to himself. 

" he what?" Nan asked. 

" he try to"  the lump in my throat stopped me from talking. 

Nan rubbed the back of my hand. 

I took a deep breath " he tried to to. He tried to kill himself I don't I don't know what to do for him" 

" o hun sometimes you can't do anything for them they have to find a reason to live. But also it could be a plead for help you find out which one it is and your able to help him... you left him. Didn't you to come see me." 

I nod. 

" haw long ago was this?" 

" I not like a week ago. It fills like yesterday seeing him on the bathroom floor."

"Honey go home to him. You know I'm all right." 

" I not think he what's me at home. He doesn't trust me... I just got of the phone to him. And he was crying he's eyes out. And I couldn't get him to tell me what's wrong." 

"You did leave him by himself did you"  she asks.

"No he's white proof... they grow up to together so there really close. 

I just don't know haw to help him" 

" you have to do something so he understands he can trust you .

And do you know what the best thing to do to gain he trust is. It's to stay by he's sid be there for him" she said smiling sadly at me. 

I nod "I know nan. But could not come and see you." 

"I know honey" 

" excuse me. Sorry to interrupt. But are you mr Jackson. There a man on the phone for you he said it's very important." Said a short nears. 

" That might be Marshall. Nan I'll be right back"  I said standing up I kiss the top of her head and follow the nears. 

" here's the phone mr Jackson" 

" thanks" I say taking the phone for her. 

( c ) "hay " 

( d ) " Curtis I need you to get back to  detroit as quickly as you can" 

( c ) " why what happened. Is Marshall ok? Are you ok? Is ever one ok?" 

( d ) " look I need you to get back. Take a plan drive walk run I don't give a shit I just need you to get back her. Shit I'll come pick you up if you need me to." 

( c ) " dre what happened your making me worried. You got to give me a reason to come back I can't just leave my nan for know reason." 

( d ) " look Curtis I. Marshall need you" 

( c ) " and I need him to look tell him I'll be back in a tho day. Take him out for a while if he's sad and I pay you back later" 

( d ) " TAKING HIM OUT IS NOT GOING TO HELP HIM HE'S GO DEPRESSION YOU FUCKING IDIOT. 

HE NEEDS YOU BY HE SIDE. 

HE TRIED TO KILL HIMSELF AGE. 

o shit Curtis I I did mean for you to find out this why I'm really sorry"

(C )" I'll be there tomorrow afternoon."

( d ) " Curtis I'm" 

I pout the phone down on him before he can finish he's sentence. 

Haw could he. 

Haw could dre blame me. 

It not my fault Marshall tried to kill himself again... is it.

I walk in to nan's hospital room. 

To tell her I have to go she will understand. 

But then I thought Marshall would understand why I left. 

Shit Marshall why are you doing this to me. 

( hi everyone a new chapter for the weekend. 

Enjoy. 

And I will update later on this week. 

Thank for reading 😊