Chapter 10: Taiyang

A loud banging sound startled me. I quickly sat up and listened. The banging started again, louder this time. I yawned and looked at the clock. It was around half past midnight. Who would be knocking at this hour?
I slowly made my way down the stairs towards the door.

"TAI! Let me in NOW!"

I sighed in frustration as I realized Raven was at my door.

I opened it to find she was leaning on my door. She would've landed on her face if I hadn't caught her.

"Raven... do you realize how late it is?" I asked her.

She started at me. "It's like... eight."

Her voice was slurring pretty bad. And she couldn't stand upright without holding onto me.

"Raven... are you drunk?"

She glared at me. "No! How... dare you say that! I'm not drunk!"

"Really? Your slurred voice and that whiskey smell tells me otherwise," I replied.

She staggered a bit. "Fine... so what if I am? I needed to... find you."

"You couldn't wait until tomorrow? Or until you're sober?"

Her lips pressed against mine gently. After several minutes she finally pulled away.
"I... missed you," she slurred as she rested her head against me.

"I missed you too, Raven," I said, holding her close.

I guided her inside and moved her to the couch. I turned on the TV, but Raven wasn't really watching it. Instead she was leaning against my shoulder, kissing my neck softly.

I tensed up a bit. "Raven... what are you doing?"

She suddenly stopped and her head snapped up, almost as if she remembered something.
"I have something to tell you," she slurred.

I looked at her. "What is it?"

She went on to explain how Ozpin had called her earlier for a mission and offered to pay her.

"Wait wait. Ozpin said he'd pay you to spy on Salem?!"

She nodded. "Yep. I went to the place he wanted me to go and overheard some stuff."

I looked at her intently. "What did you hear?"

She leaned forward and looked deeply into my eyes. Even though she was heavily intoxicated, her face had the most serious look.

"I heard Tyrian speaking to Aleya. And... he mentioned that Salem was immortal. I got scared and I left."

I stared at her for a brief moment before I bursted into laughter.

Raven looked hurt. "Why... why are you laughing at me? I'm... telling the truth!"

I cleared my throat. "I'm sorry. It's just... this is so funny! You really believe what he said? Raven... Tyrian is insane. You saw how he acted when he fought us. He's a madman who doesn't even know what he's talking about half the time. Take what he says with a grain of salt."

I started to laugh again. Slowly, Raven started to laugh, too.
"You're right. What was I thinking? Salem... immortal? That's not even possible," she replied.

"See? It's ridiculous isn't it?"

She giggled. "Yeah... I feel stupid for believing something so crazy."

I gently brushed some hair from her face. "You aren't stupid. You're the cleverest person I know."

"...Really?" she asked.

I smiled and looked into her crimson eyes. "Really. Do you want to go lay down? You're still quite intoxicated."

"No... I want to do something else first," she slurred. "I hope you're ready to have some... fun."

I looked at her confused. "What?"

She leaned forward again and crushed her lips against mine. I gently tried to push her off, but she countered by pulling me even closer.

"Raven... what are you doing?" I managed to ask.

She smiled at me. "I'm going to show you a night you'll never forget."

She resumed kissing my neck and moved down to my chest. I wanted to stop her... but at the same time, this was feeling so good I didn't want it end.

"Fine... I guess we can do this. Just this once," I whispered.

Raven began to unbutton my shirt.
"Good," she said, grinning.

I smiled. "Wouldn't you want to do this upstairs? I have a nice and comfortable bed we can use."

"That... might be better. I might need help getting up the stairs though," she slurred.

I turned off the TV and scooped her into my arms.
"Let me assist you, then," I said, kissing her gently on her lips.

She giggled as I carried her upstairs and into the bedroom. I laid her gently onto to bed and she wrapped her arms around my neck. Before I could react, she pulled me roughly and I fell on top of her.

"Hey! Don't be so rough," I said.

She laughed. "Can we just do this already? You've kept me waiting long enough."

She removed my shirt and I helped her remove her dress. Soon, the rest of our clothes were off and on the floor. I wrapped my arms around Raven and kissed her tenderly. Every time we touched sent shivers across my body. It felt so good having Raven this close to me...

"Raven... are you sure you want to do this? You don't have to," I said to her.

She smiled. "It's okay. I want to."

I kissed her again as our bodies pressed together more. I closed my eyes slowly and allowed myself to enjoy the seemingly never ending pleasure.