Chapter 69: Summer

Author's Note:

Hello everyone! New chapter is here! Now, despite the chapter's name, there is no sexual content in this chapter.

Haha I'm so immature.

Anyway, without further ado, here's the new chapter! I hope you enjoy!

"Summer, get up," Raven's voice demanded.

I groaned and covered my face with my pillow.
"Really? It's too early," I told her.

"We need to start training you as soon as possible. The sooner we start, the sooner—"

"The sooner you can die," a voice hissed.

I was to my feet in seconds. There, in the dark corners of the room, stood Aleya.

Raven drew her sword.
"Aleya," she snapped. "What are you doing here? If you touch Summer, I'll cut you in two!"

She grinned. "Oh, I'm not the one who's going to be doing to fighting."

Raven glared at her. "What do you—"

Before she could finish her sentence, I noticed that her eyes went completely black. Aleya was controlling her.

Raven turned to face me. Her black and soulless eyes glared back at me.
"Die," she hissed at me.

Before I could respond, she lunged towards me with her sword. I gasped and managed to dodge her attack just in time.

"Raven, what are you doing? Can't you hear me?" I asked.

She said nothing as she sliced her blade towards me. Again, I managed to dodge her attacks.

"Raven, please, think about what you're doing!" I begged.

"Less talk, more death," she hissed, slicing at me again.

I blocked her attacks with my sword, but just as quickly, she countered by cutting my side.

"Ow!" I cried, covering my wound. Blood started to gush from the cut.

"You die. Now!" Raven snapped at she sliced at me again.

I wasn't quick enough to dodge her attacks. She sliced me in several places. I cried out in pain as I held my wounded side.

If I couldn't distract Raven, then I might be able to distract Aleya. It might get Raven back to normal too.

"Hey Aleya," I told her, "heads up."

I concentrated as hard as I could and summoned a bolt of lightning and it struck right next to her.

She jumped back and looked over at me, shocked.
"How... how did you do that?" she asked.

I glared at her, still holding my injured side.
"That's for me to know, and you to find out," I told her.

I glanced over at Raven. Her eyes were still black. She glared back at me.
"Die," she hissed.

I dodged her attacks and ran straight for Aleya. Due to my wound, I couldn't run fast, so she easily dodged my attacks.

Fighting like this was useless. I needed to get Raven back.

I grabbed Raven by her hand and looked into her eyes.
"Raven, I don't know if you can hear me, but if you can... please come back to me. I need you," I begged.

Slowly, I watched as her eyes turned from black to her normal red color.

"S-Summer? Is that you? Why are you bleeding?" she asked.

I smiled in relief. "More about that later. We have an opponent to beat."

She gazed over at Aleya.
"You actually got me to attack my leader? You'll pay for this!"

Raven quickly equipped herself with her sword before getting into a full on sword fight with Aleya. I gazed down at my wound. It was still gushing blood.

I sighed. I needed to help Raven first.

"Summer, stay back," Raven demanded. "You aren't fit to fight."

I glared at her. "So what if I'm a little hurt? I can still help!"

I used my magic to summon another lightning bolt towards Aleya. She quickly dodged my attack and laughed.

"Really? Is that all you got?" she asked.

It was then Raven grabbed her by her hair and body slammed her into the floor. I watched as she screamed in pain as her aura shattered and broke.

Raven didn't stop there, she then took her sword and sliced across Aleya's throat. I couldn't watch as I heard Aleya cough and struggle to breathe. Soon, her struggling ended. She was dead.

I heard Raven sigh.
"Finally. I was thinking we would never get rid of her."

I looked up at her. "Did you have to be so... ruthless?"

"Of course I did! She took complete control over me and forced me to attack you! I need to check on your wound."

I slowly uncovered my wound so Raven could have a better look. She recoiled back a bit.
"Damn, looks like I got you pretty good. Sorry about that," she said.

I watched as she tore off a piece of her skirt and used it to wrap around my wound.

"That'll have to do until we get you to a proper doctor," she told me, helping me to my feet.

"Thanks. I appreciate it. What do we do about Aleya?" I asked.

"I'll take care of her. Don't you worry," she told me. "Just focus on getting some rest. Again, I'm sorry I attacked you."

I smiled at her. "It's alright. I'm just glad to have you back."

"You and me both Summer... er, I mean Violet," she said. "Sorry. Still getting used to the name change."

I laughed. "It's okay. I am too, to be honest. Now, let's go to the hospital. I despise stitches, but I don't want to bleed to death, or get an infection."

Raven smiled and helped me out the door.
"Yeah, sounds like a good idea," she said.