Chapter 73: Summer

I followed Raven into the library quietly. I scanned the bookshelves for anything interesting. My eyes fell on a book that was titled "The Basics of Blood Magic". I took it from the shelf and opened it up to read it.

"Blood is associated with life. It courses through everyone's veins as the heart pumps it, delivering oxygen and other nutrients to your body. If you loose too much blood, you grow weak and die.

Blood is associated with pain. You see it when you stumble and fall, have an accident, or fight. Blood is also associated with passion. When you are good at something. It is "in your blood". Someone you love, particularly family members are your blood. Blood connects you to things and to other people. Even if you do not know someone, you can empathize with them. Your heart bleeds for them. Blood is passion, connection, and raw emotion.

Blood is associated with death. The slain warriors on the battlefield, the victim of violence, the hunters prey all lay bloody in their final state. Everyone returns to this state of blood. Blood is life, it is death, and everything must return to it."

Raven leaned over to get a closer look.
"Hm... interesting," she mumbled, her eyes gazing over to page.

After flipping through a few more pages, I put the book back up on the shelf.
"Do you think they have anymore books about blood Magic?" I asked.

Raven shrugged. "I dunno. Maybe. You could try and ask the person at the front desk."

I walked up to the woman at the front desk.
"Excuse me," I said, "do you have any books about Blood Magic?"

The woman smiled at me.
"Why yes, we do," she told me.
"You can find them at the back of the library."

I went to the back of the library with Raven following close behind.

"I'll go look over here," Raven said, going to the right side of the shelf.

"Okay. Then I guess I'll take the left side."

After a few minutes of looking, I didn't find anything too interesting. I looked over at Raven, who was reading a book. I walked over to her.

"Fine anything interesting?" I asked her.

She shook her head and placed the book back on the shelf. "Not really. They just keep repeating the same stuff. Nothing new," she said, turning to me. "Come on, let's get out of here."

I followed her out of the library. Everything seemed to be fine. Then I heard the alarms go off.

"Grimm," I said. "Come on! We have to help!"

Raven nodded and followed me throughout the town. There were Grimm everywhere.

"It looks like they're coming from the entrance," I said. "Raven, you stay here and fight off what you can. I'll go to the entrance and see if I can't slow them down. Stay safe."

I used my semblance to pick up speed. Once I was at the entrance, I saw a huge Nevermore flying straight towards me. Using my quick battle instincts, I stabbed it through the neck. After it had dissipated, more Grimm charged towards me. I used my eyes to freeze them and then I sliced through them with my sword.
There were still more Grimm to be fought. I growled in frustration and charged at the Grimm. I used my eyes again and froze a Wyvern. I was exhausted, but still determined to beat these Grimm. I wasn't about to let these creatures of destruction win.

I used my sword to slice through the Wyvern quickly. I watched as it dissipated into nothing.
With the Grimm at the entrance under control, I went to find Raven. I eventually found her fighting off some Beowolves.

I ran to her aid and sliced a Beowolf after if could attack her.
"Are you okay?" I asked her.

She turned to me. "Yeah. Thanks for the backup."

I smiled at her. "Anytime. Let's show these Grimm who's boss."

She grinned and sent a hard kick towards one of the Beowolves. It stumbled a bit and I used the opportunity to take my sword and stab it in the neck.

The rest of the Beowolves must've gotten the message. They turned around and ran off the other direction.

"Cowards," Raven muttered.

"Nice work," I told her.

"Thanks. You weren't too bad either," Raven replied.

I yawned and stretched out my arms.
"Well, I'm not sure about you, but I'm beat. Let's head back to the hotel for some rest."

Raven nodded. "Yeah. Sounds good to me. Lead the way."

I smiled as I made my way back to our hotel room. Raven followed close behind silently.