Chapter 64: Qrow

"So... what are we supposed to be fighting exactly?" Tai asked, as we walked side by side.

"I'm not really sure. All Oz told me was that some powerful Grimm were here, but I don't see a sign of them anywhere."

After walking for a few more minutes, Tai turned around.
"If nothing is going to show up, then we're wasting our time here. Let's go back to Beacon and tell Ozpin that we didn't find anything."

Then there was a huge roar, followed by huge claws appearing from a dark pool in the ground. The head then appeared. It looked almost human-like. But something was... off. The creature had long dark veins running all over it. And it made the most disturbing sound when it spoke.

"Dieeee," it hissed.

Before I could react, the creature lunged at Tai with its long talon-like claws.

"Tai!"

I quickly took my scythe and tried to slash at the Grimm, but it quickly dodged my attack and grabbed by scythe. With a quick jerk, it was pulled from my hands. I quickly rose my right fist and punched the Grimm in the face. It staggered back and released its' grip on Tai.

"Are you okay?" I asked him.

He nodded. "I think so. Luckily I activated my aura when I did. You're not hurt, are you?"

"No. I'm okay," I told him.

"Good. Now, let's take care of this... thing before more appear."

I ran to my scythe and picked it up before running towards the Grimm. With a few quick slices, I cut the Grimm in two.

I watched as it dissipated into nothing.
"Nice work. Looks like you really didn't need me after all," Tai said.

I shook my head. "Nonsense. It would've been tough on my own. But enough about that. Did you see that Grimm? It looked... wrong."

"Yeah. I've never seen anything like it. It almost looked human. I think we need to have a chat with Ozpin about this."

Before I could respond, I heard another roar. I watched as two more of the creatures crawled out of the dark pool. I tightened my grip on my scythe and turned to Tai.

"I'll take the right one. You focus on the left one. Deal?"

He nodded and raised his fists.
"You got it. Let's do this!"

I ran towards the Grimm to the right. It hissed at me before clawing at my chest with its long claws. Quickly, I dodged the attack and sliced the Grimm in two. I looked over towards Tai and saw that the Grimm had its arms wrapped tightly around him to the point he couldn't move. I watched as the Grimm opened its mouth. Long serrated fangs filled its' jaws and it bit down on Tai's arm. Hard. Tai cried out in pain as his aura broke. Blood gushed from where the Grimm was biting him.

"Hey! Leave him alone!" I snapped.

I ran towards Tai and with my scythe, sliced the Grimm in half. After it dissipated, I looked down at Tai. He was covering his arm with his hand, trying to stop the bleeding.

"Here Tai, move your hand," I told him.

He slowly uncovered the wound. It was bleeding quite a bit. It looked deep too.

"That looks deep. Do you want me to call someone?" I asked.

Tai shook his head. "No. I have a bandana I'll use to slow the bleeding."

He took the bandana from his left arm and I helped him tie it to his right arm.
"There. That should do it. You sure you're going to be alright?" I asked.

"Yeah. I'll be fine. Now let's get out of here before more of those things come. I think we need to have a talk with Ozpin too. There was something wrong with those Grimm. They didn't look right."

I nodded. "Yeah. I'll lead the way. Keep a close eye on your arm, okay?"

"Okay. I'll follow you then."

"Let's go have a discussion with Oz," I said.