Chapter 11: Raven

My eyes opened slowly. My head was pounding and my body ached all over. I tried to remember what happened last night, but it was blurry. I soon realized that I wasn't at my tribe anymore. I was in someone else's bed and I wasn't wearing any clothing. I gazed around and saw my clothes on the floor. What the hell happened last night? Why was I naked in someone's bed? I sat up quickly, starting to panic. I hastily got dressed and made my way down the stairs. As I did so, I recognized where I was. This was Tai's place. Why was I here? I had no recollection of coming here and I certainly didn't remember taking off any clothing. My panic turned into rage as I made my way to the kitchen. Tai was standing in front of the coffee maker, pouring some coffee.

"Tai," I snapped.

He turned towards me and smiled.
"I see you're awake. How'd you sleep?"

I glared at him. "I don't know. I don't remember anything that happened last night. Why was I naked in your bed?!"

Tai stared at me. "...You don't remember anything?"

I shook my head. "No. I don't. I was hoping you could enlighten me."

Tai's face became extremely red and he turned away.
"So... you don't remember coming to my house late last night? Or... what we did?"

I gritted my teeth. He was really testing my patience this morning.

"Tai, my head hurts and I don't like waiting. Just tell me what happened last night, dammit!" I yelled.

Tai put down his coffee mug and poured another cup. He held it out to me.
"Want some coffee? It might help with your headache."

I took the cup and sipped it. I immediately flinched from the burning heat.

Tai chuckled. "Might want to let it cool. We can sit in the living room and talk about... last nights events."

I was silent as I followed him to the living room. We sat next to one another and were both silent for a few minutes.

"So... what do you remember last night?" he asked, breaking the silence.

"Nothing. I don't remember anything. That's why I'm asking you," I snapped.

"Raven... we did something last night. Something that I'm surprised you don't remember."

Tai stared at me. And I began connecting the dots. I wanted to kick myself. How did I not realize it before?

"We slept together... didn't we?" I asked.

He nodded. "Yes."

I rose my hand and slapped him across his face.

"How the hell could you do that to me?!" I yelled.

Tai rubbed his cheek and winced. "Raven... you said you were okay with it!"

"I WAS DRUNK YOU IDIOT!" I screamed.

I squeezed my eyes shut. That screaming didn't help my headache at all. I sighed and sipped my coffee.

"Please tell me that you at least used protection," I said.

Tai shifted uncomfortably. "Um... I didn't have any."

I glared at him. "You're kidding right? I'm going to KILL you!"

I rose my hand and made a fist. I sent it strait for his face, but he caught it.
"Raven, don't worry. Everything is going to be fine. If you end up getting pregnant, I'll take care of you."

I pulled my hand away from him.
"I... I hate you," I muttered.

He smirked and drank his coffee.
"Love you too," he responded.

After drinking a bit more coffee I got up and started to walk towards the front door.

"Hey... where are you going?" Tai asked.

"Back to my tribe. Where else would I go?"

"I mean... I thought you would stay here a little while longer."

I stared at him. "Look Tai... last night was a mistake. I should've never shown up here. If I don't return, people will start to worry. Let's try to forget about all of this. It didn't mean anything."

Tai looked especially hurt. "How... could you say that?"

I sighed. "I don't have time for this. I need to leave. Goodbye, Tai."

With that, I rushed out the door and shape-shifted into my corvid form. I started to fly towards the location of my tribe, but I decided to make a surprise visit to a certain headmaster first. I was determined to get some answers. I landed a few miles away from the school and made my way to the elevator. I pressed the button and waited in silence as it took me to Ozpin's office. I walked quickly to his door and pounded on it.

"Let me in. Now!" I demanded.

Ozpin unlocked the door and greeted me.
"I wasn't expecting to see you today, Miss Branwen," he said.

I glared at him. "Cut the crap. We need to have a discussion."

He stepped aside to let me pass.
"And what are we going to discuss today? Is it about your mission from me?"

"Yeah. You could say that. While I was spying, I overheard some things about Salem."

Ozpin took his usual place behind his desk and smiled at me.
"What did you overhear?"

"I overheard Tyrian talking to Aleya and telling her that Salem is immortal. Is that true?" I asked.

Ozpin was silent for a few minutes. "Are you sure you heard him correctly?"

"Do I look deaf to you? Of course I heard him correctly!" I snapped.

Ozpin chuckled. "Well, there are many tales about Salem. Some of them are true, and some aren't. The one about her being immortal seems... a bit far fetched, don't you think?"

I looked at him. "The story about the maidens was far fetched and that ended up being true."

Ozpin nodded. "But that doesn't mean every story is true. Tyrian could be saying that in order to intimidate Aleya."

I sighed. He was making a lot of sense... but there was a part of me that still thought he wasn't telling the truth. I didn't trust him. I decided to play along with him until I knew more.

"Fine. I guess I'm just being paranoid. Sorry to bother you, Professor," I said.

I turned to walk away but Ozpin spoke up.
"You'll still receive your pay as usual, Raven. Even though you didn't get the information I was hoping for."

I nodded. "Thank you."

With that, I walked out of his office and took the elevator to the bottom floor. I walked out the school and created a portal back to my tribe. I hardly spoke to anyone as I made my way to my tent. I had a lot to think about.