Chapter 70: Taiyang

Hello everyone! Just a bit of a warning, this chapter will be somewhat short. I apologize, but I've been going through some writer's block. So coming up with chapters is challenging. Anyway, I hope you all enjoy this new chapter!

"Daddy! Wake up! I'm hungry!"

I groaned and opened my eyes. I saw Yang looking back at me. Her purple eyes looked into mine. She smiled big when she saw me open my eyes.

"Yay!" she said. "You're up daddy!"

I was about to hug her, when I heard the window downstairs shatter.

Yang gasped and hid under the covers. I heard Ruby start crying in the other room. My muscles tensed up.

Someone was here.

I couldn't tell whether or not they were in the house, but it didn't matter. Someone was here, and I wasn't going to let them hurt my daughters.

"Yang," I said, "go to Ruby's room and stay there. Lock the door and don't let anyone in, do you understand?"

Yang peeked out at me and crawled out of the covers.
"Okay. I'll protect Ruby. Stay safe daddy!"

She ran to the other room and I heard the door slam shut.

I sighed in relief and sneaked downstairs. The intruder hadn't found themselves inside yet, thank the gods.

When I opened the door, I felt a blade stab my foot. I saw a small syringe before my legs became extremely numb. I fell to the ground.

Then I heard a familiar laugh.

"Looks like I finally got you, Xiao Long!"
I heard Tyrian say.

In desperation, I reached inside my pocket and grabbed my scroll. I saw Qrow's number at the top of my list of contacts and pressed it. Tyrian saw what I was doing and started to charge towards me.

"Pick up... pick up," I begged.

At the third ring, I heard his voice on the other end.
"Hey Tai, what do you need?"

"I need your help," I said, as I barely dodged Tyrian's attack.
"Tyrian is back and I don't want him to hurt the girls. Hurry!"

"You got it. I'll be there as soon as I can," I heard say, before Tyrian aimed his stinger strait at me.

"You're mine, huntsman," he sneered.

Then he fired from his stinger.

I felt a sting in my right arm. He had gotten me again. He was too fast for me to beat on my own. And I was poisoned. Great.

I closed my eyes and activated my aura to help heal my wounds, but I felt Tyrian pick me up by my collar and ram me into a tree that was growing near the house.

"You think you can beat my that easily? Well you're wrong! No one can beat Tyrian'a poison! You'll be dead before help can even come!"

I tried my best to fight back, but the poison left me feeling weak. And I still couldn't feel my legs. I wasn't sure if it was another type of poison, but it left my legs useless. I closed my eyes and activated my aura once again. One thought was racing in my mind.

Yang... Ruby... stay safe.