Chapter 75: Raven

Summer was more quiet than usual when we got back to the hotel.

"Hey, is everything okay?" I asked her.

Summer sighed and ran her fingers through her hair.
"I've just been doing some thinking," she responded.

"About what?" I asked her.

Summer sat on the bed.
"Well... I'm thinking about reforming team STRQ."

"What? You're in hiding Summer! If you reform team STRQ, surely Salem will find out and send her subordinates after us!"

"Then I suggest we lay low. Just until we have a plan for Salem."

I glared at her. "Did you already forget? Salam can't be killed!"

"I haven't forgotten. But maybe we can help her somehow? Maybe Jinn can tell us more."

I shook my head. "I'm not going to join the team again. So you can count me out."

Summer looked upset. "But it's not the same without you."

I glared at her. "You can't change my mind, Summer. I'm not going back. And if you insist on bringing team STRQ back together, then I'm afraid I'll have to leave and return to my tribe."

I walked over to the window a as and opened it.

"Raven wait!" Summer called.
"How am I supposed to replace you?"

I turned back to glare at her.
"You're the leader. I'm sure you'll figure it out. Goodbye, Summer."

I then used my magic to transform into my corvid form. I flew out the window and flew towards my tribe.

I reached it by sundown and landed near my tent. Vernal was the first to greet me.

"Raven! Thank the gods you're back!" she said.

"Hello Vernal," I said. "I hope you've been keeping everyone in line while I was gone."

She nodded. "Yes. Of course, leader. I imagine you must be tired after traveling all the way back here. Feel free to rest in your tent. I've cleaned it up a bit while you were away. I hope you don't mind."

I smiled. "No. I don't mind. I actually appreciate it a lot. I'll see you in the morning, Vernal."

Vernal smiled back. "Yes. Of course, leader. Sleep well."

I stepped inside the tent and laid down on my bed, my mind racing with thoughts. I couldn't believe Summer wanted to reform the team. She'd only be drawing attention to herself.
I sighed and I closed my eyes, my mind still racing as I drifted off the sleep.

Author's Note: Hi everyone! Thank you for reading this chapter! I apologize if it's a bit on the short side. I've been battling writer's block, so coming up with new ideas for chapters has been rather difficult as of late. Anyway, thanks again for reading the chapter! I hope you enjoyed it!

—XSummerRoseX ❤️🧡💛💙💚💜