Chapter 56: Qrow

I reached Ozpin's office around mid afternoon.
"Oz? I'm here," I said, knocking on his door a few times.

"Come in Qrow," I heard him say. "The door should be unlocked."

I opened the door to see Ozpin sitting at his desk.

"Hey, Oz," I said. "Is there anything I need to know before I head out on this mission?"

"The girl is one of my students. She went on a solo mission by herself and I haven't heard anything back from her since last Monday. I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little worried about her. There are some powerful Grimm out there. And I'm afraid the worst could happen if she isn't found soon. The place I sent her wasn't too far. Try searching around the school first. If you can't find her, then you're free to use flight in order to find her. I'm counting on you, Qrow," he told me.

I nodded. "I'll find her. You have my word. "

"Thank you. I'll send you more information about her to your scroll. Good luck."

I left his office and soon got a message that had the girl's name and photo. Apparently her name was Sandra and she had been missing for a week.

I searched the school's campus, but saw no sign of her. The place where she did her mission was a bit far from the school. It was a small abandoned town called Starfall. Grimm got to it years ago, and they had been roaming the area ever since. If that girl was still out there, she could be in serious trouble. I hadn't been to Starfall myself, but I heard about the powerful Grimm that lived there.

I quickly transformed into my corvid form and started to fly towards Starfall. I reached the town by nightfall and noticed that Grimm were everywhere. I needed to find this girl. And fast.

"Sandra?" I called. "My name is Qrow. I'm here to help you."

No answer.

"Come on, Sandra. There are some powerful—"

I was cut off my a bloodcurdling scream. I ran towards the direction of it and found Sandra being pinned down by a Beowolf.

"H-Help me," she begged.

I transformed my blade into my scythe and cut the Beowolf in two, being careful not to hurt Sandra. I extended my hand and helped her to her feet.

"Thank you so much, sir," she said.

"It's not a problem," I told her. "Just doing my job."

We were about to leave when I heard another Grimm cry. One that I knew all too well.

"Nevermores," I mumbled.

Sandra looked at me. "There's so many! We can't defeat them all!"

I gripped my scythe harder.
"We can try. You're wanting to be a huntress, right?"

Sandra nodded. "Yes."

I smiled. "Well, then. Show me what you're capable of."

She grinned and unsheathed her sword.
"You'll help, too. Right?" she asked.

"Of course. Let's show these Grimm who's boss," I told her.

She smiled and we charged straight towards the Nevermores. There were two of them. And they looked to be large. Bigger than I was used to seeing them.

"Sandra, I want you to damage the wings. Nevermores can't do much if they can't fly. I'll get the one on the left. You can handle the one on the right," I said.

She nodded and ran toward the Nevermore. Soon she was slicing its wings. I didn't have time to admire her skill. I had my own Grimm to defeat. I ran towards it and sliced my scythe straight through it's wings. It went crashing into the ground. I then activated my rifle and pointed it towards the Nevermore's head and pulled the trigger. The Nevermore disintegrated and was gone.

I gazed over at Sandra. She had her sword sticking in the Nevermore's neck. It too, soon disintegrated.

"Wow. Looks like you're a real natural when it comes to hunting Grimm," I said.

Her eyes lit up. "You really think so?"

I nodded. "Yeah. Now, how about we get out of here and back to Beacon. You've been here long enough I think."

She smiled and followed me back to Beacon.