Chapter 77: Summer (Epilogue)

I stared at Qrow as he stood to his feet and whirled around.
"S-Summer? Is that you?" he asked. "You look different."

I looked down at the ground.
"Do I look... bad?" I asked him.

"No!" he insisted. "You look beautiful! But where have you been? Tai and I thought you were... I'm just so happy to see you back!"

Before I could say anything else, he ran to me and wrapped his arms around me.

I hugged him back.
"I'm sorry I caused you and Tai to worry. A lot has happened since I've been gone, and I'd like to catch you and Tai up on everything."

"Summer? Is that you?"

I turned my head to see Tai behind me, carrying a bouquet of daisies.

"Oh, hi Tai," I said. "What beautiful daisies you have."

"I thought you were dead!" he said, running up to me.

I shook my head. "I was in hiding. But I missed you guys too much. So I came out of hiding. ...Goodness there's so much to talk about. Could we possibly talk at your place, Tai?"

Tai nodded. "Yeah. Sure. Let's go."

I followed him back to his place. Qrow walked beside me and gently took my hand. I squeezed his hand and looked up to smile at him.

"I'm glad you're back," he said to me.

"I'm happy to be back," I said.

Once we got back to the house, Yang ran up to me immediately.
"Mommy!" she squealed.

I scooped her up in my arms and kissed her cheek.
"Hey there, cutie," I said, smiling at her.

She grinned and gave me a wet kiss on my cheek.

I held her close to my chest.
"I've missed you so much, sweetheart," I cooed at her.

She just smiled and squealed in delight.

"Where's Ruby?" I asked.

"She's upstairs in the nursery," Tai said.

I held out Yang to him and he took her.
Qrow followed me upstairs to Ruby's nursery.
I couldn't believe I was seeing my daughter again. I never thought this day would come.
I scooped her up gently and nuzzled her.

"Hello, my beautiful precious," I said, smiling at her.

As I held her in my arms her eyes opened and she smiled at me, her silver eyes looking deeply into mine.

"She looks super happy, doesn't she?" Qrow said.

"Yeah. I've missed her so much," I said.

After spending a little more time with Ruby, I sat her back down in her crib. Qrow followed me back downstairs to the kitchen, where Tai was waiting.

"So, what is it you wanted to talk to us about?" he asked.

I hesitated before taking a seat next to him.
"It's about Salem, and some other things too."

Tai looked at me. "What about her?"

I took a deep breath.
"Salem... can't be killed. She's immortal."

Tai looked stunned. "Wait. What?!"

I nodded. "I know it sounds impossible, but it's true. Raven told me. And I don't think she'd lie about that. She also got to the Relic of Knowledge and learned more about her there too."

Tai just continued to stare at me.
"Um... okay. Let me get this straight. Raven somehow got to the relic of knowledge? How?"

"She's... the spring maiden," I admitted.

Tai looked shocked. "Are you serious? How?!"

"She... killed the previous spring maiden."

Tai looked stunned. "Oh my gods..."

I put my head in my hands.
"I know. And I'm the summer maiden. I did my best to save her! But I couldn't! I'm so sorry!"

I started to sob. Tai and Qrow got up from their chairs and walked over to comfort me.

"Summer... it's okay. What matters right now is that your safe. Is there anything else you needed to talk to us about?"

"Actually... there is," I told them.
"Have you ever heard of Blood Magic?"

Qrow and Tai both shook their heads.

"Well... according to Jinn herself, the being within the relic of knowledge, Blood Magic is responsible for Salem being the way she is today. She used to be a student of Ozpin's a long time ago, and he warned her against it, but she went through with it anyway."

Tai and Qrow both looked at me.
"Summer... what are we going to do?" Tai asked.

"I'm not sure yet," I told him.
"But I want to reform team STRQ."

Qrow looked surprised.
"Summer, are you sure?"

I nodded. "I am. I've missed adventuring with you both. And Raven too. I know we don't have our 'R' but that doesn't mean we can't try to get Raven to come back."

Qrow rolled his eyes. "Good luck with that. Once Raven has made up her mind about something, it's very difficult to get her to change it. She's extremely stubborn."

"I know that. But I'm still going to try! I want my team back."

"I wouldn't mind reforming the team," Tai said. "If that's what you really want to do Summer, then I'll be more than happy to do it."

Qrow nodded. "Yeah. I agree. I want to see our team kick ass again. But what are we going to do about Salem? And the Blood Magic stuff?"

I shook my head. "I'm not sure yet. But we'll figure it out. As long as we have each other, we can achieve anything. I truly believe that."

"I believe it too," Tai said. "You really have a way of bringing people together."

I smiled. "Well, I try. Starting today, we're reforming team STRQ!"

"Hell yeah!" Tai said, pumping his fists.

"This sounds like it'll be interesting," Qrow said.

I couldn't help but smile. I had brought what was left of my team together. And I couldn't be more happier.

Aaaaand that's the end! I truly hope you enjoyed reading this story! I worked hard to write it for you guys! And now my hard work has paid off! I finally finished it! I hope you liked the final chapter! Look forward to more RWBY works to come, and a possible sequel to this series! Thanks again for reading!

—XSummerRoseX