Chapter 01.

CHAPTER 01: the case of the skirt

vote and comment

"What a fucking slut

"What a fucking slut." I'd spent the entire morning thanking the high heavens that I wouldn't end up witnessing yet another grilling from Miranda and her friends, but no, I just can't get everything I want in life.

She was always so vicious, but particularly to Cassidy—a friend of mine through Michael—and sometimes I saw why. A beautiful specimen straight out of NYC, blonde locks of hair with pretty doe eyes and a temperament that was nothing short of timid. Miranda was jealous—of course, she was.

All she did was stare in shock and embarrassment, clearly thinking for once she'd have a normal school day without having to deal with Miranda.

For she was the bitch that everyone hated yet didn't have the guts to stand up to. Her ego was too far up her ass to not humiliate someone even a smidge bit prettier than her. I almost think that jealousy rooted as far back to her sister when they were kids.

"Oh, Miranda," Cassidy started, shaky hands gripping the edges of her skirt, pulling it down to stop the vile words Miranda spat at her. It was always her—always—and it gnawed at me to see her go through this every day.

"God, pull your fucking skirt down," Miranda muttered, watching how Cassidy backed away slowly, desperately trying to avoid anymore attention landing on her, "seriously? do you know how pathetic you look? I don't bite—oh my, what the hell's wrong with her?"

My brows furrowed together slightly as I met Michael's eyes from across the corridor. I nodded to him and he did the same, pushing himself off the lockers and heading straight to his cousin's side, "come on, Miranda. Do you ever get tired of doing the same shit everyday?"

I could've sworn I felt every girl's stomach flutter with butterflies simply at the sound of his voice. Michael was very much capable of making every girl fall at his feet by just being himself.

"You're joking, right?" she retorted with a laugh, "ever since she got here, she's been holding you back from your potential—"

"And that's my problem to deal with, not yours. You have no say in whatever the hell happens in my life and about who's in it—"

"She's been messing with the rules—I mean, look at her skirt. Everyone can probably see her panties under there. She should've stayed at whatever fancy prep school she went to instead of ruining things here." Michael pulled Cassidy closer behind him when her voice grew harsh.

Miranda only rolled her eyes at the sight of Michael protecting her, unsurprisingly so because they were cousins. He treated her like a sister and made sure after the business in NYC that he'd look out for her.

Staring around, no one did anything. What does it exactly take to get things done around here? If someone just intercepted, we'd all be on our way, but of course, keep staring.